Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Hi,

Anyone know of any electrically safe Australian legally certified wireless switches (in-line like Sonoff) or physical wireless light switches, wireless wall socket etc that work with HomeAssistant, Broadlink RM etc?

If so it would be great to get a list going, include specifications, the wireless tech it uses for example Wifi, RF etc, max load etc

Thanks

8 Likes

You could reach out to Jonathan Oxer @ SuperHouse. He’s Melbourne based I think. Most of his stuff is DIY but he could still possible help you out.

2 Likes

How about Z-Wave? I know it’s expensive but there are a few manufacturers selling wireless switches and dimmers.

1 Like

Thanks, any known Z-wave switches and dimmers models in Australia.

1 Like

Thanks…I have dropped Jonathon a line see what he can recommend.

I am using Aeotec hardware only at the moment: Nano Dimmer, Nano Switch and Smart Switch. Other brands available here with similar offerings are Fibaro, DHS, GOAP/Qubino.

1 Like

Other suppliers in Aus are:
Smartliving.com.au
Zwave.com.au
Tecworld.com.au

I’ve used all of these over the years

1 Like

Great thanks both, the list has started to grow:

Suppliers:

• smartliving.com.au
  • zwave.com.au
  • tecworld.com.au
  • superhome.com.au
  • diyhomeautomation.com.au
  • smartliving.com.au
  • capitalsmarthomes.com.au

General List of Z-Wave Products:

Vendor Products in Australia:

• Aeotec
  • Fibaro
  • DHS
  • GOAP/Qubino
3 Likes

I was hoping at least one of them would be a reasonable price. Sonoff switches for example can be found for USD 5-15, while the cheapest ones in Australia seem to be AU$45 wall switches still, which is a bit steep to use all around a house.

Hopefully one day we can get standards compliant stuff that isn’t 5-10x the price of stuff in other countries :frowning:

2 Likes

Had no dealings with them but heard of these guys today:

http://www.3asmarthome.com/products

Good to know someone heard good things about them. I’ve seen those brands of switches on ebay and amazon in my searches, but couldn’t find anyone who had used one.

I hadn’t realized they sell in-line switches too. I’ll have to check those out

Just to be clear, I’ve not heard good (nor bad) things about them, just heard of them recently. :slight_smile:

I have ordered few of them without the Hub, will see if I can get it to work with Hue bridge.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/nue-home-bridge-zigbee-3-0-support/53537/10

Ah cool. I just emailed them a few hours ago and got a response already, I wanted to find out if they actually follow the zigbee standard or were something special like the Xiaomi stuff; they said it works with their nue bridge and samsung smart things, but didn’t answer my actual question.

If it works with smart things though it’s probably going to work without their own hub.

@anilet can you post back here when you’ve tried them out?

As a Kiwi, we have very similar, if not identical, regulations. While it is fun tioplay about with sonoffs, I have seen a few of them (online) that have gone on fire, and I have had enough of insurance companies after our earthquakes to in any way give the f***ers any wriggle room.

So thanks for this thread!

4 Likes

Good news,I got the In ceiling light controller to work with HA without their hub.
I had the Nortek/GoControl Z-Wave & Zigbee USB Adapter - Model HUSBZB-1 usb stick I bought some time ago and set up zha.
Out of the box the controller was detected as switch and I could switch off but not back on.
I had to force HA to detect it as light to get working with the help of Quatuor

zha:
  baudrate: 57600
  usb_path: /dev/ttyS1
  database_path: /zigbee.db
  device_config:
    00:0b:57:ff:fe:92:e5:a8-1:
       type: 'light'

and here’s bellows devices output:

Device:
  NWK: 0x6a9d
  IEEE: 00:0b:57:ff:fe:92:e5:a8
  Endpoints:
    1: profile=0x104, device_type=DeviceType.LEVEL_CONTROLLABLE_OUTPUT
      Input Clusters:
        Basic (0)
        Power Configuration (1)
        Identify (3)
        Groups (4)
        Scenes (5)
        On/Off (6)
        Level control (8)
        Poll Control (32)
        Temperature Measurement (1026)
        Pressure Measurement (1027)
        Diagnostic (2821)
        Manufacturer Specific (64513)
        Manufacturer Specific (64514)
      Output Clusters:
        Ota (25)

It did not work with Hue Bridge or Lightify.

Awesome! I ordered an elelabs thing a week or so ago. I’ll order some of these things to connect to it now too.

Thanks!

I hate it when companies have websites with no advertised prices. They’re trying to force contact to sell you something, but I’m actually not going to contact them at all if they do this.

4 Likes

TP-Link WiFi Plugs & Bulbs:

Yeah it is pretty frustrating. There looks to be some hints here:

http://www.3asmarthome.com/smart-home