Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Just to clarify; these will convert (almost any) fan into a ‘smart fan’, right?

What’s the advantage/disadvantage of this considering these are half the cost the Brilliant Fan Switch?

I guess it depends on your needs, i.e. what you are replacing. Either the controller is built into the wall switch like the Deta one, or the controller is mounted into the fan’s canopy at the ceiling and you get an RF remote control like in the case of the Brilliant one.

Hey K-1 and diramu

I am trying to do this with the same Brilliant Smart dimmer mech and it always get the " device did not appear with the intermediate firmware" message. Was there any trick to it? I assumed you used OTA to do it, since you didnt mention opening it up.

Does anyone know if these connect smart bulbs can be flashed with tuya convert?

They are $15 at HN at the moment, thanks.

Having used Tuya-convert successfully on a few different grid Connect devices from Bunnings over the past few months, I decided to purchase the Arlec Smart 2m LED Strip light and see if i could flash that OTA as well. At under $40 it was a bargain compared to the Hue LED strips I’ve purchased in the past.

I’ve not had any luck and wanted to ask if anyone else has had success or if anyone has tried to open the plug and use a USB/Serial setup to update it to Tuya?

The part number of the light strip is ALD233HA.

Thanks
Borto

Took a gamble & these can be converted. Although it took a few goes, the manual says you need to press a reset button to get it into smart wifi mode but there is no button however 6 flicks of the power did the trick.

Just tried to flash one OTA but it seems like it is unable to get the intermediate firmware onto it. Did you have any issues? Updated Tuya Convert and Pi to the latest versions.

Referring to these https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-smart-led-downlight-rgb-cool-warm-white-4-pack/?utm_campaign=personalised_wishlist_monthly&utm_source=kogan&utm_medium=email

I dont actually have those particular downlights, but they were listed as having been flashed by others.

Ok. I did some research and it appears I have hit the problem which a lot of users are seeing with newer firmware on the Tuya devices and being unable to flash them.

I guess you will need to crack them open. If they are similar inside to the Zemismart units it shouldn’t be too hard. Hopefully Tuya-Convert will get an update to beat the new firmware

Hi @coffeesnob
Did you have any luck sorting this out? I have the new 99333 controller as well, and wondering if Tasmota is possible to get on it fully working or not. Cheers!

First I’ve seen of these. Are these new?

Brilliant Smart WiFi Controlled Heater Bathroom 3in1 with Exhaust and LED

1 Like

Nice find !

Let me know if they’re flashable via Tuya_convert :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…and if they have switch inputs

If it’s anywhere as crap as the IXL’s I wouldn’t buy it, and given that they look pretty much the same (ie: small fan) I suggest steering clear…unless you don’t mind a fan that doesn’t move enough air to keep the humidity down during a shower. Also, be aware that IXL’s (and possibly these as well) state that the fan needs to be on while the heat lamps are because otherwise it will become a blob of molten plastic. Terrible design.
I suggest a fulll size (250+mm) fan and separate heat lamps and other lighting. You can still automate, you have a nice selection of lights to choose from (1000’s) and anything you do will look nicer than these all-in-one units. Just my opinion of course.

Fan airflow comparison to prove my point:
All-in-one= 240m3/hr

250mm stand-alone fan= 400m3/hr

And you can get individual heat lamps

1 Like

I’m just a bit confused about the same “Deta Fan Speed Controller with Light Switch” . Does this control a 3 speed fan AND a light? I only see 3 buttons on the faceplate but I see in the tamota tempplate 3 buttons but 4 relays. How is the fourth relay controlled?

Edit: I have zoomed in on the picture now and I can see a light switch and a fan switch and an up/down arrow. I can see how the tasmota fan speeds rules work now. Can you tell what fan speed you have selected?

Hey guys, what cams do people tend to use? I’m currently quite tempted to pick up some Wyze cams (https://www.amazon.com.au/Wyze-Indoor-Wireless-Camera-Vision/dp/B07G2YR23M & https://www.amazon.com.au/Caremoo-Weatherproof-Protective-Adjustable-Outdoor/dp/B07SPT8YV3) to use outdoors.
Is there anything specific that I’m not considering in this same sort of price/functionality range?

This is the board from the DETA “Smart Fan Speed Controller with light switch”

Does not have the luxury of the pin holes like the pure light switches. I assume the pinout is the same from the legs on the ESP8266 chip. Just need to find 3.3V (I am yet to flash it)

1 Like

The chip U2 is a voltage regulator.

U3 is a touch chip https://www.holtek.com/documents/10179/116677/B01-BSI-2014A4-BS813A-1.pdf

And the chip itself https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/device-development/module/wifi-module/wifie3smodule?id=K9605ua1cx9tv