Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Thanks. I donā€™t have those parameters for my DCS12 single switches, but just found I do have them for my ZW132 dual switches. (both are Aeotec devices)

Iā€™m using zwaveJS, with it standalone on a separate Pi. I have a ZW132 and some ZW116s that all show the options @jasoncodes mentioned

I did think you were able to upgrade the BLE ones with new firmware that enabled the zigbee chip. Just need to convert them to zigbee mode (note: this is might not be the case, as Iā€™ve only heard from others, so I may be entirely wrong).

Itā€™s a different model number so I doubt itā€¦ā€¦ but I will check it out.

The ones they have now are Bluetooth and Zigbee. There are two models - one starts with Zigbee and one starts with Bluetooth. You can change protocols, but if you reset the unit, it returns to its original protocol.

Be interested to find out, because there was discussion when the BLE models were introduced that they could be upgraded in future to support zigbee. But I am always cautious about announcements of future support becoming fact, they rarely do.

1 Like

Hi all, I managed to get my Kogan Smart Air Purifier 2S ($120) working with ESPHome as per this write up and some of the details/replies in this thread too.

Not the cleanest solution yet but it works.

Are the Xiaomi buttons zigbee? Do you have a link?

they are zigbee
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/WXKG01LM.html

I checked with Clipsal and the ones I have did not have a Zigbee chip and have been discontinued. I wish they offered a trade-in!

The replacement was the 41E10PBSWM which defaults to Bluetooth but can be switched to Zigbee.
This one: 41E10PBSWMZ defaults to Zigbee but can be switched to Bluetooth.
https://www.clipsal.com/products/detail?CatNo=41E10PBSWMZ&itemno=41E10PBSWMZ-VW&backto=/search?q=41E10PBSWM&tab-document-1=0

$215 For one switch! Hahahhaah.

The real retail price is about $120 - still not cheap when that is just for the switch and not the faceplate!

:open_mouth: People buy these?

1 Like

Nope. $165.13 TRADE

Plus, they are bulky (behind the plate) so wonā€™t be able to use them on a 4 gang plate for exampleā€¦and still needs a neutral. Nah, Iā€™ll stick with my ZWave gear thanks (half the price and no neutral required).

I have seen them in the $120-range, but I probably didnā€™t include postage. There are reputable outlets selling them sub-$150. Even at the lower end, the Shelly is looking much more my style.

Interestingā€¦ Thatā€™s the price I have listed in my trade account with a very large wholesaler. Maybe some companies are cutting the price right down to try and off-load stock that nobody will ever buy.

I looked at the clipsal zigbee option but went for a Shelly dimmer and an iconic 3-position momentary switch.
Link

That gives me the ability to turn off and on and dim all with the one switch. Shelly worked out of the box with the following actions.

• up press - turn on
  • up hold - increase brightness
  • down press - turn off
  • down hold - decrease brightness

Worked out half the price of the clipsal zigbee one and better manual control.

6 Likes

To follow-up - I could be getting a battery Qmotion motor from the vendor to test, yeah I have to pay but can take it back if it doesnā€™t work how I want it with ZHA and home assistant. :crossed_fingers:

Side note, they do have hardwire ones but apparently the comms panels that are required to use hardwire are unreliable (things like not surviving a power cycle and needing to be reprogrammed!) Iā€™m happy for anyone to chime as Iā€™d be brand new to this product line.

Dave,
And this is why I have this forum subgroup on regular watch. The crazy prices that Oz have for ā€˜smartā€™ home gear is just that - crazy.
I do note that there are some that are being a bit more realistic. I have bought a few products from oz smart things and although a little pricey it isnā€™t anywhere near what clipsal reckons is fair. And they deliver quick.
Disclaimer - I donā€™t know whoever runs that webshop and my comment is based on personal purchases only.

1 Like

I agree.

Iā€™ve bought quite a bit from Oz Smart Things myself and found them to be great too

Hi Tony, it was a while ago now but how did you end up going with the Brilliant Fan Controller? (RF MCU talking to Tasmota)
I have flashed tasmota and setting one up, but not much information out there on the 99333 model.
Cheers, Owen