Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

My living room satellite is a RasPi 3A with reSpeaker 4-mic HAT running RasPi OS with Rhasspy 2.5 (without Docker) and Porcupine as the wake word.

To be honest I believe the issue is mainly that I was impatient and didn’t do a good job of figuring out the best ALSA settings to get a clean recording …

1 Like

I’m using these and think they’re great but you do need the hub to integrate into HA.

https://zimi.life/product/fan-light-controller/

I have 4 ZigBee buttons and wish I’d ordered another 4 !

I have one sitting just inside the front door.
Single click toggles the garage door
Double click toggles the shed door
Long click toggles an automation that gets the porch light to act as a sensor light in tandem with the front door camera.

Another button sitting on my dining room table toggles one of three lights / lamps in the living area.

Pulling out the phone, unlocking, open the app, select the correct page. It gets tedious quickly.
I have widgets on my home screen but the physical button is SOOO much simpler.

2 Likes

I agree about convenience of zigbee buttons. Also have a number of Aqara ones. One on the front hall stand to open front gate, one in the garage to open garage and driveway gate simultaneously (one tap), hold to close both. Double tap for to toggle just driveway gate.

Another button on wife and my bedside tables. Tap to toggle bedside lamps, hold to turn all lights off and enter sleep mode, double tap to turn all lights on (for suspected intruder).

Another one on side of washing machine to reset the “washing cycle finished” indicator (purple light on RGB light globe).

1 Like

Is there a good option to provide a switched 32a outlet to charge a EV for 7kw charge? Ideally I’d like to charge when there’s solar during day and use an energy plan to charge overnight eg with OVO or AGL for 8c kWh charges.

I have quite a few of the Xiaomi and Aqara ones but eventually went down a different path:)

I have them in arms reach of all high occupancy locations (couch, desk etc).

Do you already have the charger ?
If not, shop for one with wifi and OCCP or one with a HA integration.
You’ll then be able to control the charger directly.

Also, if you have a Tesla, you can control charging via the car rather than the charger.

Options for switching 32 amps will be limited.
Basically you’d be using something like a Shelly controlling a contractor ( relay ) which will switch power to your charger.

1 Like

I know this is a HA forum, but its worth checking out this app which will work with OCPP compliant EV chargers. May do a better job, and / or be simpler than we can using HA automations to ensure only excess solar is being used to charge your EV.

Believe it or not, Tesla’s wall charger is not OCPP compliant, but the Charge HQ guys use the Tesla API to effectively achieve the same outcome if you do have Tesla’s charger.

Have we got a list of those anywhere? I was thinking EMONEVSE via a 3 phase wall outlet if I ever got anything but something that can brought locally that works with HA and can adjust charge rate and turn on and off is all I need. All other inputs are in HA and I am happy to do the automations there.

Thanks! Needs a HA integration row though :grin:

OCPP == HA compatible as there is a HACS OCPP integration

Reading through here there are conflicting reports as to whether this is true (OCPP == HA compatible)? Can anyone clarify? OCPP Server Plugin for linking electric car chargers! - #41 by malakudi

I believe this is via the Tesla car itself and not the charger though.

Correct. There’s a functional difference.

With an OCPP charge station the control is via the wall charger no matter what vehicle it is plugged in to.

With Tesla the control is limited to the car only.

and also, the Tesla API can only change the charge power in steps of 750W. Most OCPP can do finer steps than this. So OCPP will do a better job of using every bit of excess solar.

1 Like

Well, It finally happened by Brilliant Plug failed, It started turning itself off and then losing connection. Also, it was super-hot when I removed it.

Like Tom’ it spammed my network for a bit. Into the e-waste trash. It certainly lasted longer than the Kogan,

My use of the Tesla API does 230W steps on single phase (1 Amp x 230 Volt).

On three phase I get 690W steps (3 Amp x 230 Volt).

3 Likes

16A Tuya WiFi/Zigbee Smart AU Socket Plug Voice Control for Alexa Google Home | eBay - avoid these plugs, as of the edit of this reply they are non certified for use in australia, its the TS011F line spammed out on many pages on online stores, use at own risk.

1 Like

Is it certified for use in Australia?