Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

can you post your tasmota settings for the wall switch?

I’ve managed to flash it, the button still turns on and off the light without any config defined but I cant see it reflected in tasmota anywhere

Did you end up trying to flash one of the Kmart fans?

Only one pack? :rofl: Figure you would have got a couple… just in case you run out of the brilliant ones :wink:

On a more serious note, have you tried the power board? There’s two different variants one with USB and one without.

1 Like

Has anyone got, or looked at the Tuya based Grid Connect doorbells?

Don’t really need a camera doorbell, so can’t justify a Ring or similar… but at $99 if they can be brought into Home Assistant I could probably get it past the Minister for War and Finance…

and the wireless version

Has anyone seen this actually in-store at HN? Nothing on the website.

For anyone trying to configure the Brilliant smart glass switches (https://www.brilliantlighting.com.au/products/electrical/dimmers/elite-switch/) these do not directly control the relays via the ESP instead they have another chip on them that the ESP talks to, for all control.

Note when flashing these wait 5-10 seconds after putting into pairing mode, usually after it stops broadcasting its own wifi network (ESP-{ID})

Must be running Tasmota >= 6.6.0.10 (http://thehackbox.org/tasmota/sonoff.bin)
You need to select the Tuya MCU module (Module 54 in console).

GPI01 => Tuya Tx (107)
GPI03 => Tuya Rx (108)

These should be the default.

• 1 gang switch
    Backlog TuyaMCU 31,103;TuyaMCU 32, 102;TuyaMCU 33, 104; TuyaMCU 11,1
  • 2 gang switch
    Backlog TuyaMCU 31,103;TuyaMCU 32, 102;TuyaMCU 33, 104, TuyaMCU 11,1;TuyaMCU 12,2
  • 3 gang
    Backlog TuyaMCU 31,103;TuyaMCU 32, 102;TuyaMCU 33, 104, TuyaMCU 11,1;TuyaMCU 12,2;TuyaMCU 13,3

31-33 are for the power monitoring setup
TuyaMCU 31,103 => Power
TuyaMCU 32, 102 => Current
TuyaMCU 33, 104 => Amps

The guide here explains what all of the function IDs are for.

This seems to work pretty well for me, run EnergyReset1 0 to reset the counters for usage if they are way off

Power seems pretty accurate based on having a 6W led downlight and then connecting another of the same and it shows 6/12W.

4 Likes

Hey @nickrout
Just wondering if you managed to get one of these Grid Connect Power Points or similar product and test. I saw these in Bunnings and was keen to see if you could Tuya convert these devices. Mainly Power point and Lights Switchs as they are NZ Approved.
Currently looking for Smart light switchs that are NZ approved to replace in my house. I am in Wellington
cheers Bruce

FYI - these are showing in stock for Brisbane and GC Stores

Yeah, I looked for them at Stafford on Tuesday because they were showing stock, no go on the power points, but they had the single and double light switches on the shelves.

My wife wasn’t super keen on the design/look of them. We have a few WeMo light switches around the house, she likes the look of those and the 1 large button that is impossible to miss during the night.

Yeah the light switches look a little poxy, but not such an issue (IMO) for the power points.

Last I checked isn’t WeMo discontinued in Aus?

I’ll see if they have some at Southport when I’m there next. They are sometimes good at hiding stuff in random places.

WAF - the constant battle :rofl:. I sorted the night time situation in our apartment with xiaomi motion sensors for lighting the way :wink:

Yeah mate, WAF is key with visible things like switches.

We have a bunch of RF motion sensors to turn on certain stuff during the night, but, for some cases a switch is what is wanted (needed).

And, it has to look good.

Yeah, I wish I got more of them to keep as spares now. One of the reasons I hoard Brilliant plugs.

WAF - Yeah absolutely!

I mostly use wireless switches now, as I have swapped out all the globes with hue/Ikea globes.

The Aeotec wallmote looks quite snazzy, but the swipe function is a little finicky to get working.

Lol - pretty sure they will shut down the 2.4 spectrum before you run out of plugs :rofl:

Hey Guys.
I am looking for Smart Light Switches and Smart Power points in New Zealand or Australia that approved, and meet the Australian and New Zealand Electrical Standards? What are people currently using in NZ that are certified?
I am looking to refit my home and some other family members homes, with smart devices however we have made a decision that they must comply with NZ Electrical Standards.
There are so many products on the market today, however finding products in our part of the world that electrically comply is challenging.
These products must of course meet the wife approval factor in terms of looks and form factor. I would also prefer a product range that can be integrated into Home Assistant so being able to flash with Tuya convert will be contributing and important factor. This is so I can add to my Tablet dashboard that I use with HA
The Bunnings range of Grid Connect light switch and power point etc look promising, however not sure if these can be flashed with Tuya convert.

So the question is, What are the Smart Light Switches (1-3 Gang) available in Aus or NZ, that comply with AU/NZ Electrical standards and are able to be flashed with Tuya-Convert?

I am sure this is a big question, however hopefully others and researched these devices and have come up with some options for our countries. I would greatly appreciate any ideas or options that are out there today
Thanks everyone
Bruce

2 Likes

Bruce,

Welcome to the thread.

There is a heap of really valuable information contained, and we’ve been talking about this specific topic over the past few weeks. I’d recommend scrolling about 2 weeks back, and reading down. I’d reckon you’ll get the answer’s you’re looking for.

For anyone interested, the Kogan plugs with energy monitoring are currently going for $69 (pack of 4) with free delivery which is super cheap (works out at $17.25 each). The ESPhome code for them is posted above in this thread and has just been added to the ESPhome configs database.

3 Likes

Hi Matt
Yes there is valuable information for sure. Thanks heaps for the reply. I am trying to make a list of devices that are available in AU/NZ.
Thanks again Matt
cheers

nah i cant justify the $90 at the moment hahaha

kmart has $99 wifi doorbrrell too!

Yeah, the K-Mart one looks identical to the Bunnings / Orion wireless one.

Price drop on the 5 outlet power board too