Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Yes of sorts. I bought the 2ID version like the one from here GLEDOPTO ZIGBEE Led Controller RGB+CCT WW/CW zigbee controller LED DC12 24V LED strip controller zll app controller RGBW rgb|RGB Controlers| - AliExpress

For anyone interested, I connected the power board using the TUYA app (instead of the brilliant app) and it come directly into home assistant using the offical TUYA integration.

Iā€™ve been wanting a yale smart lock for a while. is the T-lock an older version of it? looks identical. I know itā€™s the same company Assa Abloy.

Itā€™s a version created for Telstra networks to promote their smart home hub. Canā€™t have been a very popular project because there is a bunch of surplus stock that is being liquidated at crazy prices.

Other than the box branding it appears to be exactly the same Yale lock.

Wow okay, and it came with the zigbee module already?

Yes it did.

Amazing, gonna grab one then. Wife doesnt like the look of it which is why i have not already bought a $300 one. Thisā€¦ This I can justify :slight_smile:

I decided to pull the trigger and get one as well. Certaily a lot cheaper than anywhere else. Tom is probably right, whatever deal they had with Telstra, it wasnā€™t successful.

I have most of my zigbee devices on Deconz, but I have a spare Pi Zero with the CC2531 so I guess I can put that to use. I did setup Z2M on it a while ago, when I was having some issues with my deconz, but havenā€™t used it in a while.

I only recently purchased a coordinator from tubez on this forum. Right now i am using it with some aqara motions and door sensors only to control some lighting automations. I went the ZHA route. will see how it goes and report back.

Not sure about deconz support. It definitely works with Zigbee2Mqtt, and someone on the Ozbargain site reported they got it working with ZHA and a Conbee II: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/comment/10425362/redir

I have a couple of the Yale lock variations; confirm they work well on ZHA with Conbee II, no special configuration required they works out the box. Lock/Unlock is a little slow, Iā€™m guessing around 4 seconds. However, rock solid with a very strong connection.

What are Ozzies using for weather monitoring hardware that integrates to HA ? We have a couple of external awnings and louvres and i would like to automate them - come out at a certain temperature/light level, retract when the wind is too strong etc - anyone recommend one ?

Craig

I use one of these PanTech Weather Station Wifi Wireless Professional Solar Power UV WH2900 ORG | eBay

It uploads to Weather Underground. Once you are an uploader you can get an API KEY and then use the WU integration and pull the info back into HA that way.

edit: spellink

Iā€™ve been using Netatmo devices for a few years now, they have been rock solid however on the expensive side.

Australia post has some realme devices and a Xiaomi starter kit for $50??? ok then Auspost you do you

So you canā€™t get at it locally ?? How long is the turn around time to get the info out ? I am thinking in terms of using Wind gust info to close and extendable awning

Craig

hey Eoin - can we talk to it locally or does it have to upload to a cloud account first ?

Craig

I do see on their (pretty average) app the capability to upload to a ā€œcustom serverā€ but I donā€™t do that. Looking at my WU site the station updates evey 1-2 minutes. However, the integration updates every 5 mins

Ecowitt for weather stations, can directly talk to Home Assistant as a local setup or their own cloud software. Updates once a minute.

2 Likes

To my knowledge itā€™s only through their cloud.