Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I’d avoid smart lights altogether (except for the occasional lamp) and install smart dimmers instead.

7 Likes

Think Shelly dimmers would do the trick?

Yes. As long as you use a neutral :rofl:

1 Like

Sigh, its going to be interesting taking the switches off the walls and finding out if they have them… I’ll flick you a pic of the ceiling on discord so you can see the pain in the arse it will be to run one hahaha

A follow up note to my previous questions about HA compatible AC systems & zone controllers available in Australia…

We had our ducted AC system repaired by a change-out of the old system today.
The installer put in a new Daikin FDYAN140AV1 3 phase system with BRC24Z8B 8 zone controller and BRP15B61 Wifi interface.
I pleased to report that that combination is working very nice with HA.
HA discovery found the system not long after I setup the Wifi interface, and the Daikin AC integration is working good so far.
I have full unit control and zone control via HA, and the WiFi phone app (local LAN and Cloud), and the LCD 8 zone control panel. Spoiled for choice.
Thanks for all your input guys.

Lastly, in the end I found a way to fit new Australian Polyaire 24V AC zone damper motors to where the old 240V Honeywell/Eire style spring return motors were previously mounted. That enable me to use the Daikin zone controller and not need to rip out all the ducting and vents etc…
Pictures of the 3D printed damper motor adapters…

![P9175544|666x500]

6 Likes

Are there any AU certified smart relays capable of switching a solar hot water booster? i.e. 16A 240vac
It would be helpful if it also had power consumption monitoring but that is only a nice to have.
I can’t seem to find any.

Aeotec heavy duty switch. Aeotec Heavy Duty Switch, Smart Home Contractor High Load, AC Motors

Or have a sparky install something like a shelly to control a contactor.

1 Like

thanks mate

The Shelly 1PM takes up to 16A

1 Like

Installed a Sonoff POW R2 in the switchboard just last weekend for this very purpose.
It’s upped my self consumption from below 15% to over 30.
It also has me ready for the inevitable when my FIT drops.

If the Shelly 1PM Pro was released and had C-Tick I probably would have bought that instead.

The Lockwood t-lock has been added to zigbee2mqtt so no need for the converter file now. It does have an issue of reporting double the battery % (mine are currently reporting 198%), but I am attempting to get this fixed.

1 Like

Stats reported by our government yesterday reported that up 120% of people in some suburbs have had a covid vaccination, so maybe there is something new about percentages that we haven’t caught up with…

4 Likes

Tom, what version of zigbee2mqtt is that addition made in?

Add-on v1.21.2-1

Can anyone recommend a good light switch to go with a shelly device?

Guessing a push button switch is the best options otherwise the physical switch would at times be out of position when controlling power through the Shelly device. Ideally looking for something like the Clipsal Satrun range which have the inbuild led to show the light state, but not sure that would sync with the shelly state?

Eh. Toggle switches are ok. If you’ve ever had a two-way switch you know that the on position of the switch does not necessarily mean the light is on. But if that triggers your OCD there are pushbutton inserts for most standard Australian wall plates. Some with LEDs that you can wire in parallel with the load to show the state. e.g. Clipsal, https://www.ozsmartthings.com.au/products/clipsal-single-push-button-with-blue-led-indicator

1 Like

Is that a smart switch ?
Saw mention of Z-Wave somewhere in documentation.

Nope. They mention it is compatible with some zwave devices that they also sell, but it’s just a push button with a LED, which is compatible with anything that takes a push button input.

So for integration with HA, the idea would be to put a Shelly behind the wall switch and replace the existing flip Clipsal Iconic switches with one of these…

Yes but no. That switch is for the Clipsal Impress Series 30 wall plates.

For Iconic use: https://www.mjselectricalsupplies.com.au/clipsal-iconic-bell-press-switch-mechanism-10a-wit