Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Correct with not needing any flashing for zigbee devices.

You can integrate to the Energy dashboard by adding them as individual consumption entities. If you create an Integration sensor for each of them you can then assign all the required attributes (via customising).

2 Likes

Where did you find the Telstra smart plugs for sale?

3 Likes

These are great, if you can find them in your local Bunnings/GoodGuys etc. Work locally also. I have a few of them, they work well with HA.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tp-link-kasa-kp115-smart-plug-with-energy-monitoring_p0247164

1 Like

Holy Moly! I went to try this and lo and behold the blue light was flashing. Tasmota had reset to defaults. I have now upgraded it and reset all my settings and it is back up and running! Thanks for getting me to look at it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just be aware that there is newer firmware that does not allow for local access anymore, and even newer beta firmware that re-enables local access again.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t affect this plug to my knowledge. Iā€™m on the latest firmware and have it set to local only without issue.

Iā€™m not home currenty, so can not control it due to this.

1 Like

As far as I know this has never affected Australian versions. All of my HS110 and KP115 have always been on latest firmware and worked locally with HA.

3 Likes

Iā€™m thinking about taking a punt on one of these. Pretty damn cheap. I have a Xiaomi air purifier which is great.

I did a image search and couldnā€™t really turn up if it was a rebadge etc.

Any comments on integration likelihood/approaches?

Worse case I think I should still be able to control it via Assistant Relay add-on.

Kogan SmarterHomeā„¢ 4-Stage Air Purifier 2S with H13 Filter (130 CADR) https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-smarterhome-4-stage-air-purifier-2s-with-h13-filter-130-cadr?utm_source=kogan&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=android-productdetail-share

Do those zigbee smartplugs work as routers?

Yep.

3 Likes

Iā€™d put say itā€™s pretty much 100% likely to be Tuya based given this:

using the SmarterHomeā„¢ app.

So you would need to use the Tuya cloud or chip swap it

2 Likes

I have had one of these telstra zigbee plugs fail with the relay stuck closed on me recentlyā€¦ only about 6m old :frowning_face:

Welded contacts usually mean you are switching too much load (like an inductive load rather than a resistive one).

What were you switching with it?

perhapsā€¦ i think i had it on my washing machine before we moved

That shouldnā€™t be too bad. Unless it was really old or a huge industrial one.

Hmm the washing machine was only about a year oldā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Might have a closer look at it later in the week

Deta Grid Connect Smart Outdoor Double Powerpoint (IP54)

Just got my sparkey to install this from Bunnings ($73) to switch/ monitor the pool pumps.

The Deta Grid Connect Smart Outdoor Double PowerPoint is IP54 weather proof rated for exterior use. The push button switch with a blue LED power indicator, and white LED Wi-Fi status indicator for your convenient use. You can remotely turn ON/OFF any plugged-in appliances and set 24hr schedules, countdown, cycle and random timer. The double power point has incorporated power meter function as well.

Installing with the Tuya app (donā€™t use grid connect app) I get the following controls and sensors exposed in HA. The Controls switch each socket independently, so I have my Filter Pump on one and my Heater Pump of the other. Note Power is out by a factor of 10, so I have a workaround template to calculate the correct value (this factor of 10 seems to be common with Tuya) and no energy sensor (tuya app does report energy) so I used the Riemann Sum Integration to calculate energy consumed for HA. I donā€™t believe it can be flashed for local control as it doesnā€™t have the compatible chipset, response time via the cloud isnā€™t too bad for switching the pool pumps.

- platform: template
    pool_power:
      friendly_name: Adjusted Pool Power factor 10 workaround
      value_template: "{{ states('sensor.pool_filter_power')| float /10}}"
      unit_of_measurement: W

- platform: integration
  source: sensor.pool_power
  name: Pool Energy

Just need to workout how to get my VX salt chlorinator to restart to the ā€˜Onā€™ mode when power is restored. It appears when the power is switched back on it forgets the time and restarts in Auto mode which waits for the timer to start, which doesnā€™t happen as the clock is reset. If leave the chlorinator powered on and just switch the pump directly the chlorinator switches off when it detects no flow, but doesnā€™t switch back on when the pump starts the flow again. Might be time for a new ā€˜dumbā€™ chlorinator which doesnā€™t have a timer and restarts in On mode when switching the power :frowning:

2 Likes

@hipsi did you try it with Tuya local?

Iā€™ve just started attempting to get the skyfan setup in there just need to figure out the config.

Not yet. Not quite desperate enough to go changing chips in a Bunnings one.