Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Hi everyone - quick question. What is everyone using to control LED strip lighting? I was looking at the gledopto controllers but looks like they aren’t SAA accredited.
Thanks!

Gerard,
I currently use in various places, sonoff basic, sonoff 4ch pro (like this one for smaller loads), shelly 2.5 and am just investigating using a mosfet and esp32 to handle a bigger current than the 10A limit on the 4chpro.
They are either flashed with tasmota or run the sonoff LAN interface.
Pat

Great thanks. Those don’t look specific to LED strips? I’m looking for one that can manage dimming for a single colour LED strip. I’ve got Shelly dimmers for led down lights but they don’t seem to work great for dimming the LED strips.
I’ll look at the sonoff ones. Was hoping for ZigBee ones but I’m ok with wifi too.
Thanks again!

Gerard
quinled has a great range of prebuilt led boards that will do dimming and other fancy stuff. All esp based.
Pat

What voltage is your LED strip? The Shelly RGBW2 works with 12/24V and gives you 4 single colour channels. I use them with multiple different LED strips and they work very well.

yes, Qundor has both the “dig” (digital) series contoller boards with ESP32 for individually addressable RGB LED strips, and the “an” (analogue) for single colour strips. I’d go for the ESP32 4-channel QuinLED-An-Quad - quinled.info

Hey

Anyone checked out the Oz WiFi dimmers from Oz Smart Things:

Interested to know how they are as even though my Shelly Dimmers are working fine, not too happy with my current push button switches, too mushy.

It says they work with Tuya app, could these be flashed with something like Tasmota or ESPHome or simply just point them to localtuya?

Thanks.

Jimmy James has done a quick review and teardown…

These don’t have an ESP based chip so are not compatible with ESPHome or Tasmota.
In the linked video he sets up the dimmer using Tuya Local.

6 Likes

Hi All
Does anyone have the Aeotec Z-Wave Dual Nano Switch below?
Is the power monitoring per gang or the whole unit?

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

The Dual Nano Switch has both combined overall sensors and individual sensors for each switch.

The overall sensors seem to refresh themselves automatically based on the “Minimum Power Change to Trigger Event” and “Minimum Power Percentage Change to Trigger Event” parameters but I couldn’t work out how to get the individual sensors to do so. Worked around it with an automation triggering on the overall sensor changing which then refreshes the other two sensors.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks!

Nice :+1: thank you my friend.

Hi @dgaust
Are you using the fibaros behind light switches or GPOs?

Does that go at the switch with AC in or between the DC and the lights? Think ours are 12V. Let me take a look. Thanks!

Thanks! Are these rated/ certified for use in AU?

The Shelly RGBW2 takes 12/24V DC in, i.e. it goes between the power supply/transformer and the LED strip.

1 Like

Just light switches.

Don’t suppose anyone knows of a smart ceiling fan that has DC for the motor (standard) but AC for the light itself? Reason being is that I have existing hue bulbs, I’d like to use one inside the fan light housing.

most of the DC fans have 240V globes, but they are the GX53 bayonet format. If you could find a GX53 to E27 adaptor then you’d have a solution!

1 Like