Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Hi - Looking at this site - (Smart Switch 2 Gang White Zigbee - With Neutral Wire by Lighting Superstore). I suspect it will be the Ikuu Hub that lets you group them together.

If in HA simply create the automation manually create the functionality required

Iā€™m not using the ikuu hub, but Home Assistant SkyConnect as a coordinator directly with ZHA/HA.
We see the two light switches.
If we turn on one of these, physically both turn on.
When HA both are on, it updates the other switch to on.

I have seen reports of similar behaviour for double switches only acting as one switch because they stay in sync, turn one on and two goes on as well, turn two off and one goes off as well.

Canā€™t tell you where the answer (if any) was found, just to let you know you are not alone.

Have you tried Zigbee2MQTT?

What model does it identify as in ZHA?

Iā€™d have a look through the ZigBee clusters in your ZHA settings area. There might be a setting you can find to de-link the two switches.

They act in sync, when controlled from the actual unit, just from HA.

Havenā€™t tried Zigbee2MQTT, this is my first play with zigbee so I went for what I assumes was the latest and bestā€¦ ZHA with the HA Skyconnect dongle. Iā€™m trying to decide whether or not to start using zigbee instead of wifi for my next renovation.

ZHA says:

I give sparkydaveā€™s suggestion a try.

Same here yet they were the Kogan power monitors with 2 X USBs (KASPEMHUSBA), also some Arlec devices (PC399HA). The first batch I could use Tuya convert and sad it didnā€™t work with the second lot. The kogans Iā€™ve got arenā€™t fun to pull apart unlike your model which looks similar to my Arlec ones.

There is a lot under manage zigbee device, nothing obvious causing the devices switch to sync.

It seem to have 2 endpoint.
If I select either of the OnOff, I can send a command to on/off or toggle. When I do this is will effect both switches.
Make me feel it the device, but I probably canā€™t prove it unless I buy their hub, a use their app.

I discovered another oddity about this device. I noticed that one of the switch, the blue light around the switch would take a couple of seconds to turn off, after turn off the light with the switch. Switching to a larger wattage bulb 6.5W, this problem went away. But I also noticed it there is no load, the light with stay on, and HA will report that the light is on. Pressing the switch, without a load, you hear the reply toggle with each press, but HA only reports it as being on.
This means if you wanted a spare switch (without an actual load) for controlling other automations, it will not work.

So youā€™ve checked inside each of the Clusters? and the Groups? Is there anything a Google search can give you for the clusters of that device?

Hey guys, having a few sparkys coming out this week to get some quote on installing smart items. We were tossing up going with ikuu zigbee switches or Shelly relays behind the wall and think we have decided on the Shelly relays (unless the switches end up being cheaper overall, but weā€™ll see once we get the quotes)

One thing we just realised weā€™d be missing functionality is our fans - we have a couple of dumb ceiling fans (no remote even). The ikuu range had fan and light combos, but thereā€™s nothing like that with Shelly as far as I know? Does anyone have any good ideas of how we can make our fans smart if we go down the Shelly route? Iā€™d prefer something local if possible, but if thereā€™s only cloud based options, thatā€™s OK too

Do not buy Ikuu Hub any Zigbee USB dongle will work
You can use ZHA or Zigbee2Mqtt to pair and control all Zigbee Ikuu devices in HA

Better price from Ark Electronic

Shell products are good quality but you will not get any Fan options
This will use WiFI make sure you donā€™t have blind spot in you house

I you considering full house go for ikuu (Zigbee only) this will give you seem less look

Yeah, we like the local control of the Shelly and the price of it, but would also like a fan option if possible.

And as much as we would love to go with the ikuu range for the whole house, we canā€™t really justify the cost compared to the Shelly range unfortunately

I just placed an order for testing

Mercator Ikuu has both Zigbee mech and WiFi mech
Deta has Wifi mech
My review on Deta Switches (including mech)

I have use both in my setup and both of them cost similar
Example Shelly: from ozsmartthings
Single gang will cost 20$ + Face plate($5) + Push button ($15)
if you want 3/4 gang you will need 2xShelly 2.5 ($32x2)+ Face plate($5) + 3 Push button ($45)
You will eventually add push button as standard switch will confuse users
Also you will not see the status LED
Note: Shelly UL certified will cost double and PM will cost 10$ more

Now if you use smart switch (usually cost 55-80$) (Arc Electronic)
You will have nice looking products almost same price

Well, we already have wall switches that weā€™d use to convert to have Shelly relays in them, so it would only cost what the relays themselves cost, which is a lot less than any smart switch weā€™ve seen

Maybe not the greatest idea, but I can share what I am doing at the moment:
We now have quite a few relatively new DC ceiling fans in various rooms. They come with an RF remote control, and I am using a Sonoff RF bridge to remote control them and listen to signals when the physical remote control is used. In HA I then have a combination of scripts, automations and template fans to make that all happen.
This approach works well most of the time, however, sometimes fails because the RF signal isnā€™t getting through. I recently started adding a Shelly device (1PM or 2.5) to each of the wall switches that control power to those fans. That allows me to measure power consumption of the fan which I can then use to determine whether itā€™s on and at what speed. The plan is then to implement automations that automatically correct the template fan state based on what I actually measure. This all is currently still work in progress.

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually such a good idea! I love it so much, because one thing weā€™re not sure about is making sure thereā€™s a redundancy for anything we do, so for our dc fans we wouldnā€™t want to only use HA, but also want a way to keep everything in sync.

I havenā€™t heard of the sonoff bridge before, but it sounds promising! So it can read rf signals and also send them from HA? Iā€™ve only done a bit of rf related research but do you know if the sonoff would work with any dc fan that has an rf remote?

And having the Shelly pm in the wall to help keep things in sync is a very good idea too - just curious how itā€™ll work if you have the 6 speed options and the light with 3 dimmable options - if you donā€™t mind, would you be able to keep me updated on how itā€™s all going?

Hey guys, Received the switch today, I can confirm it is a TYWE3S.

Any tips for flashing ESP home onto these ?