Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Thanks! I have a Zwave coordinator (hub? whatever the stick is called!) and TBH while I only have a couple of Zwave sensors they seem far more reliable than my Zigbee ones (which vary from ok to very good). I wasn’t even aware there was a Zwave option so thanks for drawing my attention to it!

1 Like

There are a bunch, aside from the Aqara (mentioned below - I have one and it’s quite good), a number of motion sensors include a light sensor. Two I can think of are the Hue and some versions of the Aqara motion sensor. I have no idea how accurate any of them are but they are good enough for most purposes I think.

Guys I am trying to search for any smoke alarms compatible with HA but I can’t find any. What is the issue?

You won’t find an off-the-shelf solution that complies with the ‘hard-wired’ requirement. You can get ones that work with HA but they would need to be in addition to your hard-wired ones.

There is however a semi-diy solution that allows you to HA-ify a standard hard-wired smokie.

These wire into the ‘interconnect’ wire of the hard-wired smokie and provide a relay. You can then use your chosen smart device to interface with that relay.

2 Likes

There are also tutorials online for interfacing with 433MhZ smoke detectors

Anyone running the Mercator ikuu light switches able to confirm if we can run them in “disconnected” mode or something similar?

As in have the top button not cut power to the relay when pressed? I have smart downlights and non smart downlights to the one 3 gang switch. I want the button to work with the smart stuff without cutting the power, but happy for the non smart lights to have their power cut

if you buy a ‘4 gang’ switch then you can happily use the other 3 to do anything you want!
ONE button needs to be connected to power,
Electrician was surprised when i told him i can program the other buttons to do what i wanted!

But, as for ‘disconnected’ I can’t see an easy way to test it.
I have a 2 way one currently in my bathroom (SSW02)

the IKUU app doesn’t give a way to disconnect the inputs from the outputs

Zigbee2MQTT only gives 4 entities
Left Switch
Right Switch
Power on behaviour
Switch Type

if it ‘disconnected’ you’d expect to see 6 entities
Left input
Right input
and then the ones above

I’d suggest maybe wiring your normal lights up to (say) button 4, then programming up button 1 to switch the smart lights AND toggle button 4

I think I get what you mean. So for an example, 3 gang switch, smart lights wired to gang 1, dumb light to gang 2, and gang 3 empty. But when gang 3 is pressed it will actually switch the smart lights via home assistant.

It works, but I’d end up with a whole lot of extra gangs around the place.

What does switch type do?

Anyone know of smart light switches that would work the way I wanted? Have to be approved for Aus. A friend has some zemismart ones that do what I want, but not certified

Some of the zemismart were sold in Australia (rebranded) by “Connect SmartHome” through Harvey Norman. Harveys dont sell them anymore but you can get them on eBay form seller “wareexp”. I think theyre great and I did one of the blakadder templates Connect SmartHome 2 Gang Wall Switch (CSH-SWTCH2) Configuration for Tasmota

These are certified. Probably a white label of the Zemismart ones. I’ve bought other stuff from these guys but not these particular switches so can’t comment on your required feature.

Hey guys, This might not be the right place but would anyone have a ESPHome yaml for a GMA-504470-EA ?

Ive recently gotten a couple and replaced the WB3S with a ESP8266 and flashed tasmota onto them. They work OK but I would like to use ESPHome.

Are they Certified for use in Australia?

They should be, The company in NSW I purchased them through are saying they are.

1 Like

Then it is one of the right places to post.

Cool cool, This thread seemed more hardware orientated so wasn’t sure, But figured it’d be the logical place to start.

Shouldn’t these have RCM to be compliant for Australia?

Going to give this Zigbee smart plug a go:

I’m mostly interested in the power monitoring aspect, not so much switching control.

Bit pricey, so it better be decently reliable.

I’m now up to 6x KP115 failures, all the exact same way. Rapid relay switching - probably lucky they haven’t yet murdered anything attached to them. They are not from the same purchases either, failures across several separate batches.

I now see this product as dangerously bad - also horrific quality to have them all dying at only approx 2 years old…

edit: checked if they are in warranty still…x8 purchased in May and June 2021…x8 purchased Aug 2021.

Don’t know which are from which orders, don’t want a replacement anyway as I no longer trust them…but seems they sure did calculate warranty period carefully :slight_smile:

Have you looked at the Hue smart plugs? They’re about that price, it’s a known brand and they run on Zigbee. I find my Hue stuff to be pretty reliable (I do use the bridge though).

I’ve given up on wifi smart plugs. They all last about a year. Which is basically a disposable item. Which I am not happy about.

I’ve started buying zigbee smart plugs at twice the cost of the wifi ones but they have not been in use long enough to tell if they last any longer.

1 Like