Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Would Stitchy devices work with DeCONZ or zigbee2mqtt? From what I can tell, neither have the definitions for Stitchy devices.

zigbee2mqtt supported devices
deCONZ supported devices

Having said that, it looks like you can easily get new devices added.

Yale sell one but it is expensive.

I have found the OEM in Taiwan though, they supply all of Yaleā€™s Zigbee equipment.

http://www.climax.com.tw/

How is your WiFi coping with all those devices hanging off it. Must be starting to slow down.

100 clients across 4 APs is fine. The load is pretty low.

lol yep four APā€™s

1 Like

I have 1 AP AC-Lite, no problems.

Unifi AC APs have a 127 client hard coded limit per radio (127 for 2.4GHz + 127 for 5GHz). While this may be fine for IoT devices that use bugger all bandwidth this is not a practical limit if your clients are mobile phones streaming HD video.

1 Like

Great job @oscill8ory, this worked for me and was my first tuya-convert. It also included a few trips to JayCar to get parts etc (yeah I could have got them on eBay, but for a Xmas based project nothing beats having the part in my hand there and then). I feel like I have just got my hands dirty and will be looking for the next item I can convert and add to home assistant :wink:

1 Like

I picked up one of the Arlec 45cm fans today. I tuya converted by accident (I was trying converting another device, I had left it turned on but never tried to put it in pairing mode). It stills works from it remove. Iā€™m guessing I need to use the tuyaMCU commands to operate this fan. Iā€™ll start/try decoding it tomorrow, never done this before.

I now have this fan working with HA, using a similar setup as https://templates.blakadder.com/goldair_sleepsmart_GCPF315.html, I donā€™t like it, as it only gives 3 of 6 speeds (that goldair fan has 12 speeds), it seems to be a limit of mqtt fan component. Iā€™l see if I can so a fan template to call mqtt to work around this.

Aside, I donā€™t think I would recommend this fan. The slowest speed is quite, but all other are loud. There is also a rattle in oscillate mode.

Thanks so much, bought one because of this. Will be able to free up a couple of my smart plugs for other devices!

1 Like

I picked one of these about a mount ago from Aldi for about $30. It would not tuya-convert. tuya-convert logs says its not esp.

I just tuya-converted one of these brilliant dimmers.

{"NAME":"Generic","GPIO":[255,107,255,108,255,255,0,0,255,0,255,0,255],"FLAG":0,"BASE":54}
13:19:04 MQT: stat/bdimmer/RESULT = {"TuyaMCU":[{"fnId":11,"dpId":1},{"fnId":21,"dpId":2}]}
13:19:25 MQT: stat/bdimmer/RESULT = {"DimmerRange":{"Min":1,"Max":255}}

I worked fine with a 60W Halogen bulb, but not with a single 13W LED downlight. It might require minimal load.

1 Like

searching for info on this thread is real PITA. Anyone knows any chrome extensions that can load the whole thread at once, so that we could search it little better? Thanks.

Just select search this topic in the search box it will limit it to this only

Just stumbled on this thread, what a gold mine of info!!

[Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware]

Just stumbled on this thread, what a gold mine of info!!

This fan looks super promising, has anyone had any experience with them? Im looking for a quiet and smart ceiling fan to replace an AC one Im controlling with a Sonoff iFan03 (running tasmoda) which unfortunately has the dreaded ā€˜Off-peak pulsingā€™ problem! Super loud annoying humming and flashing that happens at around ~9pm every night but goes for like an hour right when I want to use it!

Iā€™ve heard that DC fans dont have this issue, and being able to tie it into home assistant is of course a must!! Anyone have any experience and can make a recommendation?

I have a number of different DC ceiling fans. Iā€™m happy with them all. They all very quite even when pushing a lots of air, but best of all, they have low speeds that donā€™t that are actually low.

None have direct home assistant integration, but all use RF remotes that I could clone with a broadlink rm pro device. This means I can control, but not read their state.

1 Like

I have also converted one of the brilliant Wifi Dimmer Mechs. Product code 20967.

Anyone know how to disable the fade in and fade out for when the button is pressed? Its to slow for my liking and doing my head in.

Oh here is the esphome config for people that want it:

esphome:
  name: master_bedroom_light
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_password

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "Master Bedroom Light"
    password: "password_goes_here"

captive_portal:

# Make sure logging is not using the serial port
logger:
  baud_rate: 0
  level: NONE

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:
  password: !secret homeassistant_password

ota:
  password: !secret homeassistant_password

# Serial Ports for TuyaMCU
uart:
  rx_pin: GPIO3
  tx_pin: GPIO1
  baud_rate: 9600

# Register the Tuya MCU connection
tuya:

# Make the light
light:
  - platform: "tuya"
    name: "Master Bedroom Light"
    dimmer_datapoint: 2
    switch_datapoint: 1
    min_value: 10
    max_value: 255
1 Like

I also convert this dimmer, and using tasmota, posted it here BrilliantSmart D350W Dimmer.

I hadnā€™t realised esphome could also do tuya, Iā€™ll be switching over.
I hadnā€™t much thought about the dimming time. Iā€™ve barely used it. I just had a play (it still on my test bench), i donā€™t thing itā€™s terrible, but it does seem proportional to the amount of change. A little quicker might be better, or a constant transiting time for any change.

Aside: I note you have you min_value @ 10, Iā€™m using 1.

What sort of load are using using with it? Mine works fine with a 60 halogen bulb, but not with a single 13 LED downlight (claiming to be dimmable).

I just looked up the tuya dimmer in esphome. It says:

The MCU on the Tuya dimmer handles transitions and gamma correction on its own.

Which I assume means, in built into the tuya mcu, and it canā€™t be changed.

you could try one of these, I needed them to prevent flickering for my zwave dimmer controlled LED downlights if there were only 1 or 2 downlights on a switch Fibaro Z-Wave Dimmer 2 Bypass - SmartHome