Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

have a look at QuinLED, they are DIY controller boards for LED strips (digital and analogue) that work with ESPHome and WLED.

He’s designed the PCB and published the BOM (parts list) and you have to get them manufactured yourself via his links. He has designs for analogue “dumb” LED strips (see hardware guide), as well as the smart individually addressable type. He has examples to run with ESPHome and WLED.

His PCBs are designed to plug in Wemos D1 Mini (ESP8266) boards, as well as MH-ET D1 Mini 32 (ESP32).

1 Like

Hello again from NZ. I have searched the thread, but cannot see any reference to this device. My apologies if I missed it! Does anyone know if the Deta Smart Inline Switch With Grid Connect can be flashed with esphome or tasmota?

Also can you control it with a low voltage connection, like using GPIO14 on a sonoff basic?

Well, buy it, open it, if there is nothing there that can be attached take it back.
Bunnings dont ask question when you return it.
I buy stuff all the time i end up returning.

This switch has not hit Australian Bunnings yet. I would expect to be very much like a sonoff.

Good point, I shall report back after the weekend :slight_smile: Unless someone comes back before then and says it definitely won’t work!

functionally it just like the “rewireable plug” and the “plug base”, which converted without any problem. Hopefully, it more like a shelly (than a sonoff basic) and can take a switch input.

Interesting, I can see that oakleigh in Melbourne apparently has stock.

Price of $21.98
I/N 0098816
B/C 9311644094623

So are these Deta plugs rewireable by Joe Average?

Cannot find anything on the packaging or website that says anything about it requiring a qualified electrician, however, everything you read says you cannot wire something that plugs into mains without being qualified to do so.

All the other Deta packaging references requiring an electrician to install but is missing from this particular plug.

How are you finding this on the website?

Do you have a link? I don’t see it on their website. When I ask in my local (about a month ago) because they had in on display in their new smart home display, they says it a promotion item not in NSW. Things are changing fast, and now the web site has 3 & 4 gang deta switches that did not exist a few weeks ago,

I found it via the powerpass app, can’t find it on their actual website but the app has more smart items than website… again it did say Oakleigh had stock but I haven’t visually confirmed it… if you give me a postcode and I can search your local bunnings

If anyones looking for a dumb smart doorbell, I bought this https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-50m-range-plug-in-wireless-door-chime_p4062337 from bunnings.

Opened it up and disconnected the speaker and ran one end to an esp8266 AD0 pin and the other end to ground.

Used the following esphome config

sensor:
  - platform: adc
    pin: A0
    id: "doorbell_voltage"
    update_interval: 100ms

binary_sensor:
  - platform: template
    name: "Doorbell Ringing"
    filters:
      - delayed_off: 5s
      - delayed_on: 500ms
    lambda: |-
      if(id(doorbell_voltage).state > 0.1) {
         return true;
      } else {
        return false;
      }

Seems to be working fairly well, I am powering the esp via its usb port as I didnt want to mess to much with the rest of the internals of the doorbell

4 Likes

postcode: 2043 (2067 work)

None in the immediate area that I can see in the app.

They also have an Arlec wall plug with USB and one with Power Monitoring

I have a Arlec wall plug without either of those option it came in a pack of 2 with 2 bulbs. All converted.

@diramu If you’re looking for a quick way to search Bunnings stock, a link I got recently from OzBargin is this crude stock searcher. Just provide the item number or URL. It should be the same stock as on the PowerPass app.
http://projectsuit.com/bunnings_checker.php

1 Like

I was in bunnings Alexandria yesterday and it was on display in there smart home display, plug base, plug for the lead, and the inline module, but that doesnt mean they had stock

That’s my local. They have the plug base, lead plug, but not the inline module.

Using @scott_87 reference I/N:

ACT
Store	Stock	Message
Tuggeranong	4	In stock
VIC
Store	Stock	Message
Caroline Springs	4	In stock
Hastings	4	In stock
Mornington	4	In stock
Morwell	4	In stock
Oakleigh	4	In stock
SA
Store	Stock	Message
Victor Harbor	4	In stock

Without this reference, you have no idea what to search on. If you look up an existing item on the web site, you can’t find a I/N to use. Correction, the numbers on the end of the url for a product is the I/N. Also when to use the find-in-store view more store, it gives you the I/N. And they appears to be same as the NZ site.