Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

@RKor I think you would have to use the wifi.connected condition to turn the LED on and off instead of having 2 different things trying to control pin GPIO13, I’ll try to have a proper look into it tonight.

1 Like

Just Flashed Brilliant Smart Cordia 24W LED CCT Dimmable Oyster Light with tuya-convert

SKU: 20717/05

Template as follows

{“NAME”:“Brilliant Oyst”,“GPIO”:[0,0,0,0,0,37,0,0,38,0,0,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:18}

have submitted to https://templates.blakadder.com/

1 Like

Good to know, I was looking at one of THESE not long ago to flash. Looks to be very similar to the Brilliant.

had wrong link - have changed it!

Any chance you can upload a pic of the terminal block, and also give an indication of the amount of light output.
I’m looking to replace a twin round flouro oyster fitting in the kitchen.

I’ll takes a few photos for you later. A heads up it is pretty bright! (Brighter than the 3 halogens gu10 fitting that it replaced)

Has anyone flashed Brilliant smart CCT Trilogy downlight (dimmable warm and cool white)? I’m after the ESPHome yaml code for it. Searched this thread but couldn’t find it.
Thanks!

You should be able to use the info from the Tasmota template to get your yaml up and running.

1 Like

its actually somewhat tricky given the current lack of implementation in the base esphome. You need to create a custom light. In the end given I don’t change the temp that much I just hard coded it. Or if you can just create a second dummy light which controls the temp.

That Brilliant power board looks a lot like the Teckin power strip for the US market. Could mean we could see even more devices in the future.

I just notices Brilliant is offering a 'sonoff basic; type device. (I see @patfelst in a reply on Jan 16, '20 has already pointed this out). Available for a ridiculous price of $80 (just wait until Bunnings stocks the Deta version $22)

I don’t understand how the manufacturers keep putting these things out without a feature as basic as a switch input.

From my perspective it makes them almost useless.
I have sonoff basics that I’ve modded to a accept a switch input but it’s bodgy AF.

I’m seriously looking at replacing them with Shelly’s.
The problem with those though is that they are not AU compliant.

Completely agree. The Shelly is the best solution for dealing with existing wiring.
Maybe there is a business opportunity to import them, qualify them, and put a compliance sticker on them, then triple their price. Much like Oikotec did for some sonoff stuff.

1 Like

Thanks @xdss a solution is linked on the issue page you linked to. It’s pretty techy, but doesn’t look too difficult (basically need to copy a custom ESP home include file “.h” into the ESPHome directory)
The solution is here with both a yaml file and the required include file.

Would be nice if the ESPhome devs could include this as a standard component!

How’d you go mate?

It looks a lot like it!

Needless to say my usual supplier do not ACTUALLY stock it, but have to order it from somewhere else. Heaven knows when this project will be complete!

I went out a bought one. So gave it a crack and flashed tuya-convert. Which worked. BUT after some issues I opened up the transformer only 2 GPIO’s are soldered to the PCB. I can use them to turn on and off lights and switch between cool white and warm white only at this stage

I have a conundrum

I have a zigbee RGB downlight (As per previous posts), I would like it always powered so it can act as a repeater
Sounds easy, but I also would like it to be able to be turned on/off via a switch (if HA is down / visitors / etc), as well as turned on/off by HA

I do not like the glass look of the zigbee light switches, but these Delta wifi ones look good (standard white plastic)
This could all be done with a dumb downlight and a smart switch as the switch is always powered to turn the light on/off

Can anyone think of any options for this ? or am I hoping for too much :frowning:

Hope this is of some help, they are modules from Tuya.
https://docs.tuya.com/en/iot/device-development/module/wifi-module/wifiwr4module

I have the non smart version that fan, it is fantastic for the money. I will definitely upgrade mine once we figure out how to flash it.

I’m confused by the virtual loop, what is the function of that ?