Australian BOM Rain Radar Card

I’ll check on my PC soon. On my iPad now and I don’t see it.

On my PC… for some reason it was still showing 1.2.7. Empty Cache & Hard Reload and it’s showing 1.2.8 now and I see the radar. The icon is pretty invisible (black) I think a coloured dot would be a good idea if you can’t colour the icon…
Thanks.
I see it on iPad now as well. I did check the iPad console and it said 1.2.8 yesterday so I’m bemused…

Thoughts on something like this? I can add options the change the line/fill colours.

much more visible without being obtrusive…

That’s what I was thinking. I think I will go with this instead of icons.

1 Like

Excuse the photo of the screen (this iPad isn’t connected to much). Any idea why the radar image is pushing over into the middle column? It only does this on the iPad and nothing else.

I have never seen this, but I don’t have an iPad. @DavidFW1960 have you encountered this?

V1.2.9 added the option to add circles at radar sites. See the readme for details.

No I haven’t but I do put all my cards in horizontal stacks and the radar card goes ‘narrow’ and doesn’t spill into other columns for me…

they are still really tiny… can they be a bit bigger?

(The same size as the marker would be good)

1 Like

V1.2.10 released. Adds radar_location_radius to change the circle size (default 2).
I also renamed the config option names added in 1.2.9 to prefix with radar_

This is your confg with these settings.
radar_location_line_colour: ‘#FF0000
radar_location_fill_colour: ‘#FFFF00
radar_location_radius: 4

1 Like

Yes!!! I used 5 instead of 2 or 4. Looks great! Well done mate.

1 Like

I run a national 24 hours loop and for that the size of 2 works well. I guess I also know where all my local radars are so it’s not so important. In fact I used google maps to find the exact coordinates of every radar site in the country.

1 Like

So the icon doesn’t get bigger when I zoom out… I can’t imagine it any smaller than this and still be visible… Anyway whatever works. It’s bloody wet here eh…

Maybe I should try that instead of using the BOM still camera image…

Thanks for taking the time for all this it’s muchly appreciated mate.

1 Like

Ok so this is pretty sweet.

Much better than the old camera way

1 Like

Hi - I’m getting this error trying to add the repository to HACs:

Repostitory structure for v1.2.10 is not compliant

Not sure if it is just something I am doing or an issue with the current version.

Ignore this - helps if you (I) choose correct repository type…

what are you adding? Seems ok for me…

Trying to add:

https://github.com/theozzierat/bom-radar-card

Might be something I am doing but I just added https://github.com/bremor/bureau_of_meteorology and it worked fine