Australian BOM Rain Radar Card

Hey thanks for following up with me!
Working great now. Love it!

Any idea why this repo wouldnā€™t be showing up in my HACS frontend search?

It says why in the installation instructions:

Install

If you use HACS, the resources will automatically be configured with the needed file. The repository needs to be added as a custom repository within HACS.

1 Like

Oh manā€¦ Silly me. Never had to do that.

Thanks!

First step if something is not working as expected is to read the fu fine manual.

2 Likes

weird, dropped the files (tried both 1.2.18 and 1.3 beta files) added js to resources, rebooted but card is not showing up in the list if i add it manually it is just a white screenā€¦ installed it manually as i dont have hacs in synology deploymentā€¦ can any one share their success steps to make it work? not sure what im I doing wrongā€¦ please assist

files added to www:

bom-radar-card.js 61 KB

home-circle-dark.svg 1.88 KB

home-circle-light.svg 1.95 KB

leaflet.css 13.3 KB

leaflet.js 205 KB

leaflet.toolbar.min.css 3.04 KB

leaflet.toolbar.min.js 5.43 KB

pause.png 338 Bytes

play.png 429 Bytes

radar-colour-bar.png 239 Bytes

recenter.png 435 Bytes

skip-back.png 409 Bytes

skip-next.png

I just did a manual install and everything works. Copied the files into a subdir of www and added the resource url /local/bom-radar-card/bom-radar-card.js
Normally if you mess that up it will just give you a big red card saying it canā€™t find the resource.
If you post your card config I will test it on my system and check there is nothing wrong in there.

@Boroda did you get it sorted?

sorry mate, was away from pc for a few days.
Nah, does not work for me yest, the card is not red, it is just blank

here is my card config:

type: custom:bom-radar-card
frame_count: 10
center_latitude: -25.567607
center_longitude: 152.930597
marker_latitude: -26.175328
marker_longitude: 152.653189
show_marker: true
show_range: true
show_zoom: true
show_recenter: true
show_playback: true
zoom_level: 8

Thereā€™s something wrong with your custom card install or a browser extension may be blocking display. When I use your config I get this:

weird, which files did you uploaded into the www directory? can you snd me a link to it? i took my from the github pageā€¦ i mean there is nothing else, files link to resource(lovelance) and the card, if card and link are correct than something wrong with the filesā€¦

Weird. Your config works for me also.
Can you see if any errors are showing up in the browsers development mode console?
Everything looks right, but I would suggest sticking the files in their own directory just so you know what belongs to what in www.

Not sure if related but mine are located in /config/www/community/bom-radar-card/

I didnā€™t have to copy anything as I used HACS to install it.

sorry mate dont have hacs available in synology deployment, tried putting it in a sub folder, obviously no luck :frowning:

Iā€™ll check the list of files when I get home in a few hours.

1 Like

The list of files is correct. Missing the .gz versions, but that only speeds up loading. I installed exactly the files listed in a subdir of www and it all worked. Please have a look for errors in the console log of your browser.

nothing bad in logs,wondering if hacs put the files somewhere else ā€¦

Ok, I Know the problem now. You must be the first person to have tried installing it not using HACS.
The card creates a document to use in an iframe and for some reason that I donā€™t remember I hardcoded some paths in there.
Let me have a look and see if I can figure out how to make those relative or something. Or you could install and use HACS :wink: That then lets you know when there are updates as an added bonus.

1 Like

sorry mate i would love to have hacs but due my deployment (synology docker HA) not able to use it :frowning: