Auto generating mushroom dashboard using strategies

I hope someone can help me.
For sme reason the “areas” option does not work for me.
Even if I use the example below:

strategy:
  type: custom:mushroom-strategy
  options:
    areas:
      family_room_id:
        name: Family Room
        icon: mdi:sofa
        icon_color: green
views: [ ]

It shows the following error:

If I put a dash in front of the “areas” part in the example like so:

strategy:
  options:
    - areas:
        family_room_id:
          name: Family Room
          icon: mdi:sofa
          icon_color: green
views: []

It generates the same views as when I use the base example without any options. However, that way wont let me change the way the area cards look. Everything I put in the “area” option doesn’t do anything.

I already reintalled the integration, but to no avail.
I also tried inputting my own area ID’s but that doesn’t change anything.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

I’ve shared a video (in french) about this :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I entered those 3 lines in edit dashboard but have zero ability to edit in the UI. I was hoping this was going to be easy… :frowning:

Edit: I redownloaded, removed my test dashboard that I was practicing this on, redid it and I could edit, however, it seems you only have one chance, one opportunity (heh) to edit it, after that it reverts to bring unable to edit, at least via the UI. Hope someone can assist… Or that this oversight (if it is) gets fixed because it sure would be a great addition to home assistant!

Hey @damienlee69 and @746625399,
The main goal for this project was to spit out a good-looking dashboard without much configuration. If you would like to customize unfortunately you will have to type YAML in the configuration. You can check the documentation or message me as well

You will have to use the latest beta version

how do i add new icons here and remove icons ?

also i hope you can bring a version where one can edit the yaml file once the template is created.

The strategy doesn’t create a YAML file so you can’t really extract it.
You can’t really change icons with the current setup, however, you can hide the views

Hi, awesome job!

Is it possiblem to hide welcome card?

Thank you

wondering the same, I would also like to hide the persons without have to hide the person in hass

Hi Everybody,
I’m having the same issue as above when I copy/paste the minimum config from github page:

strategy:
views: [ ]

Error loading the dashboard strategy:
Error: Timeout waiting for strategy element ll-strategy-mushroom-strategy to be registered

I’ve installed and uninstalled Mushroom, Mushroom Themes and Mushroom Strategy from HACS multiple times and no luck… Can someone help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, did you ever figure this out?

Hi I have had the same problem as you for about ten days. Did you manage to solve it?

I uninstalled ALL the HACS front end integrations. Then I installed Mushroom and required cards. Then it worked again… After that, I installed the rest of the HACS frontend integrations one at a time making sure everything worked…

1 Like

What would the customization be to hide the miscellaneous items altogether?

GREAT dashboard! :slight_smile:

I have the dashboard working fine on PC, but on iPhone I get this error when clicking on any of the rooms:

Error loading the view strategy:

TypeError: undefined is not an object
(evaluating 'Object.keys(1)')

What is the issue here?

And now the PC browser has started giving this error when clicking on the rooms icons:

Error loading the view strategy:

TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object

Why does this dashboard work for a while, then stop working with errors like the above?

The room icons have all lost their configured colours too - they’re all showing as grey.

you would set hidden: true for the default domain. Wiki
Example:

strategy:
  options:
    domains:
      default:
        hidden: true
views: []

Interesting, mine is working just fine. Is your PC using MacOS?
can you give some screenshots of the logs on the console by pressing F12/Inspect?

No, my PC is Windows 10.
Is this the log you’re asking for?

The issue on iPhone is coming from the Companion App. The phone is on the same internal network as the HA server. I also confirmed the same thing is happening on my iPad.