Autodiscover / update error - endless loop

Hi,
id really appreciate some help with this one, bugging the heck out of me!
just recently, my autodiscover started having this error which appears to have something to do with my Yamaha AV Receiver. Im not actually using this control, so would be happy to simply disable it, but I cant seem to figure out how. Ive been through other posts, and the answer is usually a ‘cut and paste’ of a link to the ‘autodiscover’ page on the hass website, which is great, but I still cant figure out the exact syntax to disable my component specifically.
any help is greatly appreciated with either the exact syntax to ignore this component from autodiscover in config, or a fix for the error? this just repeats over and over ….
cheers,Jason

from home-assistant.log:

xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
2018-10-05 15:48:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for media_player.rxa840_b6d19e_zone_2 fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 224, in async_update_ha_state
yield from self.async_device_update()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 353, in async_device_update
yield from self.hass.async_add_job(self.update)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/yamaha.py”, line 187, in update
self._sound_mode = self.receiver.surround_program
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rxv/rxv.py”, line 296, in surround_program
response = self._request(‘GET’, request_text)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rxv/rxv.py”, line 139, in _request
response = ET.XML(res.content) # releases connection to the pool
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/xml/etree/ElementTree.py”, line 1315, in XML
return parser.close()
File “”, line None

discovery:
  ignore:
    - yamaha

ha!
thanks tom
I must have tried everything but that, clearly I was overcomplicating.
cheers :slight_smile: