Automated blind solution DIY - loop chain type

Any update on this. I went to the Teptron web site and the MOVEZ is still not released. It sounds like that is the one we would need for HA integration.

I’ve had Teptron Move for almost two years now.
Most likely the worst product I’ve ever encountered.

The app is horrible, even on a good day when it works. It stops working all the time (looses connection with Moves), and to get it working you need to pair each and every Move AND recalibrate it.
I have stopped using the app…

ZERO integration possibilities outside their own app (which, like I said, I can’t bare to use anymore). No API, nothing.
Running it on batteries + solar is a joke. I don’t have big windows and it still struggles on battery power. USB works fine though (2A).
The plastic rollers that you get for different types of cords break easily (three have already broken).
The sound from the engine is NOT quite at all. Not horrible when only running one Move, but when running four simultaneously, will wake up neighbours.
And it’s ugly.

I have just recently started getting into home automation (apart from the five Moves that I’ve had for longer), and I’ve recently gotten into Arduino, Fusion 360 and 3D printing, just to make my own better product.
If I succeed it will support all the common home automation protocols (maybe via a “hub”), TWO stepper motors to control both the functions a common (“swedish”) blind have (up/down + tilt). A good app. Good design and UX. + much more.
Wish me luck.

Hey @teamaxis, is there an API available for integrating the Axis Gear in other systems? I’m a programmer who would be willing and able to integrate it with Home Assistant if I can find that kind of documentation.

I have my Axis Gear working with a Nortek Z-Wave/ZHA USB stick. I can see the battery percent and open and close the blind but HA (0.85) sees it as a switch not a dimmer. Anyone know how I might edit the zigbee.db file to change the device type to dimmer?

Any progress? I am very much interested in this as well. It used to report both switch and light in zigbee so you were able to use “dim” in 0.85.x version but the light is removed in 0.86, only reports as switch.

Unfortunately I gave up. Both on getting things to work in HA and the Axis Gear itself. Back in their boxes. Not sure what I’m gonna do with them. The lack of integration and reliability was a deal breaker for me. Although I was able to get them connected to HA with my Nortek stick they constantly dropped out and became unusable. Tried for a while with Wink and same thing. Then I upgraded the firmware and it broke Wink integration. Had them in Smartthings for a while but no connection to HA (had no reason to jump through the hoops of getting Smarthtings attached to HA.)

I personally don’t think using a phone to put blinds up and down is any “smarter” than doing it manually. So not being able to use automations beyond simple schedules they were more in the way than helpful.

My use case for automated blinds was to help with heat loss and gain. Close them when we go to bed or are away if sun was not benefiting us. Could easily be done with HA (or smarththings with webcore) but not if they constantly drop connection.

Sorry hope you get more use out of them.

I will by the IKEA tradfri blinds when they are available this month. More then enough for us

Have been using 8 Axis Gear with HA for a while now and they work quite well. My roller shades are quite heavy but the Gear pulls them up just fine…also Axis customer support is responsive and very good. I highly recommend these for use with hass.

Since 0.90.1 and the latest firmware for the Gear, they are rock solid and don’t drop out at all.

They don’t show up as a cover though…just a switch. That’s probably the zha component’s fault though, and likely not that hard to fix.

Getting ready to add a few of these on my roller shades. do these pair easy?