Automated curtains

Hey all, Im looking for a good automated curtain (i.e. not blinds-- I have a curtain on a rod, it parts in the middle) solution. I can find a lot of science fair projects that accomplish this with hacked servos and 3dprinted brackets, but are there any good routes?

I seem to remember some cheapish solutions (motors+tracks) on AliExpress or Alibaba, but not sure if they were wifi/zwave/etc… Also, I’ve seen a couple things on Indegogo and kickstarter, but nothing that is actually shipping a product…

Has anybody already solved this?

edit

This is the best I’ve found so far:

Anything better out there?

I’m Also looking for a solution to this problem! I hoped time would solve it… 12 months later still nothing…

same here. also very interested in wave curtain compatible automization but so far nothing good.

somfy is way to expensive

i have 5 of these in my house varing from 1.7m to 2.80m

cost just over £100 per each curtain.

they can work from contact closure using rj11 cable or work via 433mhz through broadlink rf pro, come with a wireless rf remote too and also have soft start meaning you can pull them a tiny bit and then the motor takes over to open and close them.

they are same quality as somfy as i believe somfy use dooya but re brand themselves

mine are all controlled via rm pro and never miss a beat. built very strong as i have 90" curtain drop on my patio window which is 2.8m wide and they dont struggle one bit

2 Likes

thanks for the tip man!

Going to give an AliExpress roller blind a go… thanks for the feedback it’s a doona brand too

I have dooya battery powered tube motors (DM25LE) they work perfectly. I hardly ever need to charge them and work fine with rm pro.

Do you have an issues with the RM pros range (asumming your controlling curtains in different rooms). Also can you see state or the blind in HA?

Do they have a roller blind option (ie curtains that roll up and go up and down rather than side to side) thanks.