Automated roller blinds (IKEA Fridans/ESPHome/HA/MQTT/HomeKit/HomeBridge/REST @ 200cm wide)

Fantastic, thank you :heart:

Svenska amazon går utmärkt :wink:

1 Like

Any reason not to use the included control board from this package?

Also, I don’t have any AMS1117, but about 10 LM1117T. Would that do? They also step down to 3,3V.

Lastly, I’m having some difficulties reading the wiring diagram, but maybe that clears up as I get all the parts? :smile:

Im not sure if im being slow here. But your diagram says you connect 3.3V to the 5V pin on the D1 mini? Is that correct?

Edit. Well it seems like I read it right :slight_smile: Got confused when I didnt get it to work, but it was probably a faulty PSU that cost me some extra debugging :angry:

@realiam Will you share the prototype case for the PCB?

a few months later…
yeah I will, I’ve been occupied in real life so haven’t had time for fun stuff =D
I’ll try to get it up like within a week or so.

Hi @realiam, are you able to share an editable filetype (.step or something?) of the Fridans_insert.stl please? The hole in the middle is too small for my steppers… TIA

@davefrooney , is that a version of Motor on a roller blind by nidayand - Thingiverse?

Yes, that’s the one.

I made this project using the same parts and 3d printed components, I used a very mildly different circuit, and my own code. The project overall works well. I’m just suffereing from the issue of the motor running really hot, sometimes hot enough to melt/warp the 3d printed parts.

The only 2 modifications I made to the circuit, are my input voltage is 7.2V and goes to a L7805CV voltage regulator to step the 7.2V down to 5V, inplace of the AMS1117, and the motor didn’t function when the Sleep and Reset Pins were connect to the ESP8266, so I tied them together and it now functions. As for the code, if the issue could be related to that, I can upload.

My blind is 120cm for reference. Any help would be massively appriciated as this is a cool project that when it works does exactly what I need.

You’re a genius Reaiiam! I’ve been looking for a solution like this a couple of months now but there is always something messing things up for me. I have been installed the .yaml file on my d1 mini with success. I just need this to work since I have been renovating my apartment for a while now and almost can’t proceed until I’m sure I got this to work. Is it possible for me to get in contact with you if I have some concerns? I’m also a swede and it would be much easier for me to understand projects like this in our native language.

Don’t know if it is possible to stay in contact here, otherwise please mail me at [email protected] ! I won’t stall you for too long. :laughing:

Riktigt bra jobbat!

1 Like

Hi @realiam this is a really cool project and exactly what I have been looking for! I have ordered the PCB and have most of components as identified on the board. Are there any updated instructions for the BOM components and information regarding the actual construction? I also see a reference to a pull string to manually operate but nothing details the construction or installation of this device. What am I missing? I am also looking for the latest STL from this picture Automated roller blinds (IKEA Fridans/ESPHome/HA/MQTT/HomeKit/HomeBridge/REST @ 200cm wide) - #21 by realiam

Thanks all!

Matt

Does anyone have the BOM for the project to use with the gerber files? Would rather just get it assembled from JLPCB if i can :smirk: saw others asking about it on the github but no answers sadly

Also was wondering if anyone had any luck with using TMC2209 steppers to make the system silent, i saw theirs some forks of esphome that support it.