First time poster, have been learning a lot over the past few months from reading these boards but am struggling with climate automation and wanted to ask for some help please.
Here’s what I have:
- Home Assistant OS running on a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB
- CC2531 stick as Zigbee router (hoping to upgrade to zzh when stock issues settle down)
- Aqara temp and humidity sensor
- Panasonic ducted heat pump system (currently controlled via CC cloud integration). This system does heating and cooling.
Here’s what I’m trying to set up:
- When the aqara sensor detects the required low temp (say 16C) the ducted system will turn on and heat the house to 21C, then turn off
- When the aqara sensor detects the required high temp (say 24C) the ducted system will turn off and cool the house to 21C, then turn off
- Ability for tolerances to be set for the above (say 0.5C)
- Away mode (for when we are on vacation)
- Manual control still available on demand (via the control panel or home assistant lovelace control card)
I have been reading about generic_thermostat integration and also the climate.functions but this is my first automation and I’m a bit stuck.
Would appreciate some help - let me know if more info would be helpful.