Automation based on Fibaro FGWPE Wallplug Power

Hi,
I try to play some TTS as soon as my coffeemaker has the correct temperature.
But for some reason, the automation ‘Coffeemaker pre heating’ is never triggered.

Has anybody tried something similar with the Fibaro Wall Plug?
When I look at the values in the frontend I can see that the sensor reports a spike up to 980 W.

- alias: 'Coffeemaker pre heating'
  trigger:
    platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.fibaro_system_fgwpe_wall_plug_power_2_8
    above: 500
  action:
  - service: input_boolean.turn_on
    entity_id: input_boolean.coffeemaker_heating

- alias: 'Coffeemaker hot'
  trigger:
    platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.fibaro_system_fgwpe_wall_plug_power_2_8
    below: 5
  condition:
  - condition: state
    state: 'on'
  action:
  - service: input_boolean.turn_off
  - service: media_player.volume_set
    entity_id: media_player.kitchen
    data:
      volume_level: 1
  - service: tts.google_say
    entity_id: media_player.kitchen
    data_template:

If the pre-heating condition is true (above 500), how could the trigger also be true (below 5 on the same sensor)?

I think that might be the issue.

The logic behind this should be:

• I turn on the switch (not included in the script)
  • The coffeemaker begins heating and the power spikes to about 900W
  • The first automation trigger (above: 500) is triggered and the boolean is set to ON
  • When the coffeemaker is done heating, the power settles to 0W.
  • The second automation is triggered because the power is below 5 and the boolean is ON and my chromecast plays a sound back to me.

Maybe I’m wrong, but the first automation is never triggered.

I found the error myself. I was using the wrong sensor. Instead of ‘fibaro_system_fgwpe_wall_plug_power_2_8’ I should have used ‘fibaro_system_fgwpe_wall_plug_power_2_4’.
Now it works.

OK, I get it now - I’m doing a similar thing with one of my automations.

Glad you figured it out - wrong sensor; isn’t it always the last thing you’d think of too? For me it’s always mispelling or transposed letters. I seem to type dyslexic even though I have no problem reading. It forces me to double and triple check my YAML.

Hi @killsystem ,

I am trying to do some similar stuff with my efergy energy monitor. Just one query to your setup, does it trigger if the value is 510.5 or some floating value ? I know, logically 510.5 is still above 500 so condition is met but I am not sure the data type can play a role here or not ?

The reason for my asking is, yours config looks pretty simple and easy to understand but I saw others doing in a very different way (using the value template and creating some binary sensor ). when anything comes to templating , I am just plain lost.

Thanks

Hi @tarikul,
my values also show up as 510.4 and sorts. So it seems to work with floating values as well :slight_smile:

Best regards

Yeah I already figured it out. Thanx a lot for guiding me towards the right direction in a simplest way…
I have configured the automation to send me push notification when the reported output is above 3.5 kW , well it’s working flawlessly so far.
I am glad that I didn’t have to mess with the templating. :thermometer_face: