Automation categories

Hi

Is there any possibility to create categories for all my automations? Right now I need to manually tag the automation name with “Blink: Disarm if home” and “Blink: Arm if away” as an example.
The list with automation will get very long for many users so a category with filtering options would be very good to have.

Would be nice to filter on, for example:

• Room/Area
  • Light
  • Device Tracker
  • Notification
  • Service
  • etc etc etc

This function is really needed to increase the usability of home assistant. You can’t have more than a few automations without them getting really disorganized. It is really putting me of from making more automations. Split configuration automation directory should be editable from the gui, and a filter/search box should be added to the automation/scripts panel.

1 Like

The filter function is great. Could we please see a way of organizing them with labels, folders or similar? I would prefer folders as I don’t want to see all automations all the time, as it’s a big list to scroll in.

1 Like

I just came here to suggest the same thing, so I’m bumping this.

It would be great to be able to create directories to organize automations (example: alarm automations, light automations, etc). or a way to filter and organize them better. Maybe add an optional “category” field to the automation and then we can filter by category on the automation listing.

1 Like

Is there any progress on this feature? Recent HA versions added a lot of usability improvements, but still there are no categories for automations. What’s stopping us from adding this?

1 Like

No interest from any volunteers to do it.

1 Like

Duplicate of: Automation categories

Are we really the only one that needs this feature? Right now I have set an icon for each of my automations to at least be able to visualise them so I can find them quickly without reading all the names.