Automation continue working after it was deleted

I had a few automations that notified me about doors when they are opened or closed. This was one of them:

- action:
  - service: ifttt.trigger
    data_template:
      event: Status_Change_Notification
      value1: '{% if trigger.to_state.state == ''on'' %}Patio Door was Opened{% else
        %}Patio Door was Closed{% endif %}'
  alias: Patio Door Status Change
  id: '1499707625063'
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.patio_door

I decided to delete them. I removed them from my automations.yaml file. My configuration.yaml file points to this automations.yaml file. I use this automations.yaml file when I need to add new automation to my HA.

After this automation was deleted, I continue receiving notifications every time my doors are opened or closed. What can I do to fix it?

1 Like

Have you restarted Home Assistant since deleting the automations?

1 Like

Yes, I restarted it multiple times. Turned off and on a few times too.

1 Like

Hi,
got the same issue with a message sent by notifier with telegram-bot.
The automation was deleted from automation.yaml and there have been several reloads and restarts since, but HA is still sending the message when the originally as trigger related event occurs.

1 Like

Giving this topic a bit of a bump. I have recently deleted some automations through editing automations.yaml but these lights continue to operate. This is after a couple Hassio Updates.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve got some automation still triggers despite deleted it from automation.yaml file. And I’ve start and restarted HA many times. The machine too.

1 Like

Same here. I have to solve ghost automation

I did not find a solution to this problem. In the end, I killed and rebuilt my HA installation.

Are you using the UI editor or yaml for automations? Is it possible that you have an automation section defined in both configuration.yaml and automation.yaml?

One possible hacky solution is to rename the trigger entity name. Hopefully it won’t also rename in the ghost automation…:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That sounds be very useful information to me Hope it works for me!!

Hi all,
Did somebody find a solution for this?
I’m finding the same error with an acient automation already deleted.

I killed my installation and setup new HA. I did not find anything better.