Automation editing sudenly very slow: 12-15 second loading time

Hi,

Out of the blue, my loading time for editing automation is 10-15 seconds. New automation (empty) are instantly available. Using Pi 4 with active cooling, 45-degree Celsius on CPU, 15 active automation.

Any tips?

All automations or only specific ones?

Can you show us one of the affected ones.

Hi, here a script that takes 18 seconds to load, it’s not very complicated

• go to automation, click “Edit” pencil
  • Wait 18 seconds
  • On-screen & editable
 id: '1613868590713'
  alias: Alg Boven slaapkamer open op timer
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: input_datetime.boven_alles_open
  condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.bescherm_tegen_zon
    state: 'off'
  action:
  - service: cover.open_cover
    data: {}
    entity_id: cover.bo_slaapkamer_jaloezie
  mode: single

yeah, that is about 40 times longer than it should take, I assume the browser you are using to edit it is on another computer?

Well: pi running HA, pc in network to do editing. Updating to 2021.3 reduced the loading times.

im also getting this issue now. all up to date

me too 30 seconds for a simple automation :-/ RP3+B
Everthing else runs quick

I too am having this issue. It started in the last couple of days. At first I was editing remotely via the nabu casa integration so I thought it might be because of that. But yesterday and today I was on the same network and it was very delayed. From the mobile app (connected to same network via wifi) there was a significant delay but via PC, also on same wifi, the delay was minimal albeit still noticeable. HA is on a R.Pi4 with active cooling. I did realize I had a few different windows of Chrome browser open and one of them had my HA instance open in two separate tabs from a day or two. When I closed those it seems to work better for a while. From my minimal experimenting it seems to only happen if multiple instances are open from a while ago, i.e. I can open two tabs (it’s easier to edit automations having multiple HA windows open) and both will work fine but if I were to leave those two open and then the next day open another one then editing will be very delayed. This could be unrelated and not sure why I would just now be noticing it…

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. All of the sudden, when I try to edit my automations it takes around 30 seconds to load the editing page. Any solutions yet?