Automation Grouping - Make automation finding eaiser

I have a request/Idea, while using automation, after a few months/years, people have dozens or hundreds of automation. And going back and trying to find that one automation you need can be… hard.
If it is possible to add grouping or “folders” to the automation page that way we can arrange all the automation by groups or folders.
For example, make a folder - Lights, and put all the lights automation under that folder, that way under the automation page we will only have a few folders only and we can arrange everything in a nice, easy to find, place.
Thanks!

I voted for that. I’m doing it with very specific naming right now but grouping is a great idea.

1 Like

As @Sergeantpup mentioned the only helpful thing for the time being is using a proper naming convention for your automations like
type_location_trigger_action_reason or similar, something like lights_garage_on_motion_comment

1 Like

There is a duplicate feature request from a few years back that has hundreds of votes if I remember correctly.

Either it’s very hard to implement or no developer sees the need/wants to do it.

If you only use yaml then you can split the config to separate files.

I would love a feature to Group or Categorize.
Currently, I am using naming conventions to keep track of the Groups/Categories. Like BR-SW - “Short Description” for Bedroom-Switch or something different.
But that gets messy and confusing with a lot of automations.
Same thing for Scenes, Scripts, and Helpers :blush:

1 Like

Add your votes to the existing feature request instead