Automation not responding to Dark Sky Temperature sensor

Hi
I’ve been using Dark Sky for checking weather and temp. All info is updated well and it works fine. However, I have this piece of automation that never fired, even when the temperature was above the threshold (and dark sky correctly said so). Here is the conf

- alias: water plants evening hot
  trigger:
    platform: time
    at: '22:30:00'
  condition:
    condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.dark_sky_temperature
    above: 25
  action:
    service: switch.turn_on
    entity_id: switch.plantwater

Is the automation turned on?

If so, try the following tests:

To test an automation there’s three stages you can follow. Testing the action, the condition and action, and the whole automation:

1. Use Developer tools -> States to find the automation, click the i in the circle next to it (info) and then push Execute
  2. Use Developer tools -> Services and call automation.trigger on the automation with skip_condition: false
  3. Use Developer tools -> States to find the trigger entity, click the name, then change the state (at the top) to something that’ll trigger the automation before pushing Set State

thanks for the reply. Here are the results.

1. works (the rule is executed)
  2. It works
  3. nothing happens (temp was already above the threshold, I set time to the trigger time but nothing happens)

If the first two work, the problem is the trigger.

Check in Developer tools -> Templates by entering:

{{ now() }}

And check that the time is correct

Yes, it was the time. For some reason (i’ll find out soon) the system switched the time to a different time zone exactly half an hour before the trigger and put it back at midnight. So I never notice the issue, but the trigger never fired. It’s the weirdest bug I ever seen! Thanks a lot for the precise help