Automation not working with climate

Hi,

I am new to HA. I am trying to control my AC unit. I have managed to set up a couple of other automations (getting a notification when my son’s iPhone needs charging; getting a motion sensor to trigger the turning on of lights).

I use Sensibo to control my AC unit (I have a TFIAC unit, but the TFIAC integration is buggy). I want my AC unit to turn on with a ‘cool’ state to 22ºC when the temperature exceeds 25º and to turn off again when the temperature drops below 23º.

I have used the UI, but this is from the automation file:

- id: '1596530345866'
  alias: Turn TCL AC on
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - above: '25'
    entity_id: climate.sensibo
    for: 0:00:05
    platform: numeric_state
  condition: []
  action:
  - scene: scene.cool_office_to_22_degrees
  mode: single
- id: '1596530549480'
  alias: Turn TCL AC off
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - below: '23'
    for: 0:00:05
    platform: numeric_state
  condition: []
  action:
  - data: {}
    service: climate.turn_off
  mode: single

If I manually execute the automations they turn on the AC unit or turn it off as I wish, but they just do not do it automatically when the temperature exceeds 25º or drops below 23º.

I’m stumped because I cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Any help gratefully received.

Neither can we because you have not formatted your post correctly. Please see point 11 here and edit your post accordingly.

Cheers - hopefully that is better / clearer.

In the developer tools states menu what is the state of climate.sensibo ?

I’m guessing (I don’t use it) that it is something like on, off, heat, cool or idle. And you actually need to trigger on the current_temperature attribute.

Yes. It is currently heat_cool (i.e. auto), but with options of off, cool, heat_cool, dry.

I’ve been triggering the temperature attribute. My understanding was that current_temperature is the temperature being recorded by the thermostat.

No you haven’t:

trigger:
  - above: '25'
    entity_id: climate.sensibo # this is not a temperature
  trigger:
  - below: '23'
    entity_id: climate.sensibo # this is not a temperature