Automation Troubles Galore

I’m not sure when this started, but my automations are completely screwed up. I only had a couple that I was testing with and now I can’t do anything. I have two issues:

1. I could edit the yaml file directly and be fine, but the automations don’t run at all. I have tested the trigger and action separately and both seem fine, I just can’t ever see them fire. They did at one time.

2. I can’t use the Automations Editor. It doesn’t show my automations in the list to edit, and when I create a new one it doesn’t save or show.

I am using a samsung evo sd card in my raspberry pi and I can read/write directly to the file.

I am running the latest update. I’m thinking about starting fresh, but I thought I would try here first.

Here is a sample automation I have:

- id: '1541380439797'
  alias: Flood Tilt
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.fibaro_system_fgfs101_flood_sensor_general
    platform: state
    to: '1'
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      event: GeneralTextAlert
      value1: Flood Tilt!
    service: ifttt.trigger

The first problem may just be a copy and paste error when posting your automation here, but the first line is indented incorrectly. id needs to line up with alias.

Also, binary_sensors’ states are ‘off’ and ‘on’, not ‘0’ and ‘1’.

So I think you want:

- id: '1541380439797'
  alias: Flood Tilt
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.fibaro_system_fgfs101_flood_sensor_general
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      event: GeneralTextAlert
      value1: Flood Tilt!
    service: ifttt.trigger

thanks for the help. sorry for the late reply. I ended up nuking my install and starting over. I think there were some include issues.