Automations executing in GMT time

I know this topic was raised before under various flavors, I did research it, but I’ve not been able to find an answer to my particular problem. I’ve been researching this for weeks and tried various solutions found in the forums with no success. I’m having an issue with my automations running in the GMT timezone. My timezone is set correctly in configuration.yaml to Europe/Brussels. So, as we have already switched to summer time last weekend, my local time is GMT+2. The logs are shown with the correct time, but my automations are all running on GMT timezone. So if I set an automation to run at 20:00 it will run at 22:00 local time instead. I also added a Date and Time card in Lovelace which also shows GMT time, which is 2 hours behind.
Has anyone else had this and what did they do to correct it? I am running the latest version of HA which is currently 0.107.7.

What does the system report in the sidebar settings/general ui? I don’t think you should set the timezone in the configuration.yaml anymore.

1 Like

not sure why you think so but it’s still perfectly valid to do so.

Can the configuration file and the ui selected timezone disagree? I don’t know. In any event, it seems like with the recent ui changes there has been a concerted push to move from configuration file editing to ui selection.

OK, I think I found it in General Configuration. I’ve changed it, it was showing UTC, I’ll try the automations again and let you guys know.

OK, so by changing it in the General Settings, the time showing in the Lovelace Date and Time card is now correct. Also the automations work on the correct timezone. It looks like indeed, setting the timezone in configuration.yaml doesn’t have effect anymore. Thank you all guys who contributed.

I don’t know. time_zone is still there and I saw no announcements that it should be only configured in UI.

And if I go to General Configuration, it clearly says Editor disabled because config stored in configuration.yaml.
So if the TS was able to change it in UI, that means what?

In looking through my configuration.yaml, I discovered I no longer had a time_zone entry and that made me think that might be the root of the problem. I seem to recall a release some time ago that requested you remove certain entries from the configuration.yaml. Maybe I’m misremembering. In any event I’m glad you got it working.

That the system somehow found itself in a non-standard mode which is clear because some components were reading from the configuration.yaml setting while others were reading from the UI setting. Who knows how it got that way.

maybe this?

as I don’t remember anything related to time_zone, my one is still there and my HA honours it and does not let me change it from UI :wink:
nevermind.

If I do a full reboot , my timezones is incorrect too., Always when I do a full reboot, I restart the services afterwards

My system doesn’t do that. Do you have time_zone defined in your configuration.yaml? If so try removing it and make sure the settings/general UI is set correctly.

yes, liek below

time_zone: Europe/Brussels

Mine is also like that in configuration.yaml, but it doesn’t have any effect. Only when I changed it in the UI I got it to display the time correctly.

Then it’s possibly a bug and it needs to be reported on Github.
I cannot do that as I have nothing to report :wink:

1 Like

Its works, thank you

1 Like