Automations Interrupted After Edit - Don't Reload All Automations on Edit?

Hi all,

I have an issue where anytime I edit an automation, all automations that were in the middle of running are interrupted and essentially don’t run. For example, automations that are tracking a state change for a certain duration or anything with a running timer or delays, etc.

Is this expected? It seems like a bug, but I can’t seem to find anything on it.

If you use the automation editor, the moment you click ‘save’, all automations are reloaded. And a reload of automations causes running automations to stop.
So yes, this is expected.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Perhaps I will post as a feature request to re-architect this so that automations are not reloaded when edited or maybe only reload the automation that was edited.

But that still won’t solve the underlying problem - which is that all timed functions in any running automation are destroyed as soon as automations are reloaded.

It may help to be able to plan the automation reload for times when you know (or think you know… :wink:) that there are no running automations that depend on any time functions.

There’s an existing Feature Request, posted almost two years ago, that requests a reduction in the need to restart/reload several things.

For example, changing a single automation currently does not require a restart but does require reloading all automations. It should only require reloading the modified automation.

1 Like

Thank you for finding that! Posted and voted!