Automations slow response lights

Yes still the same problem and no one seems to have a fix. Maybe I’ll quit zigbee because of the delay/unreliabillity… and start experienting with wifi motion sensors.

I have opened a ticket on the github page off the zigbee2mqtt addon

1 Like

Nice, hope it can be finally fixed!

I have similar issues with my devices, both zigbee and wifi. So maybe this is nothing to do with zigbee? My feeling is that there is some latency within HA itself, sometimes I get a near instant response then other times there is a several second delay. This is the case regardless of whether it might be a zigbee motion sensor switching a wifi bulb/switch, hardwired motion sensor/door switch switching wifi bulb/switch. It is also the case when I manually switch something from the UI. I think it has gotten worse as the number of devices has grown over the years. Very frustrating.

I hope someone is looking into this, I have the issue, changed wifi, zigbee channels to try and stop any interference. Changed devices and even installed a router.

I have two Hue bulbs in my garage with an Aeotec door\window sensor (zwave) on the door. I have automation to turn lights on and off when the door opens and closes. Sometimes one bulb will come on instantly and the other takes about 15 seconds, other times I wait for 15-20 seconds for both. Have changed the door sensor from Samsung zibee device to Aeotec zwave device but no difference.

Please check ticket

Having the same problem. Sometimes it’s instant and other times not. I can’t work out whether it’s HA or zigbee2mqtt - most frustrating.

Most likely it’s neither. If you are running Mosquito 5.1.1 in an add-on, roll it back to 5.1 as that seems to fix it for most people. Otherwise, you can install mosquito (either natively or as a docker container) on nearly any other machine in your network (one that is on 24x7) and that should also solve the issue.

Thank you for your comment. It worked when I stuck mosquito on a separate RaspPi. It’s now much more responsive.

1 Like

Same here, HA 2021.6.3 as of now on RPI4 which is plenty fast for a simple home network. Sometimes zigbee motion detection is instant, sometimes it takes about 5s, which is just too much. Aqara and IKEA sensors, ikea bulbs. I

Is it me, or does it looks like the issue is back again?

1 Like

Well, Since this week I noticed this too. I use a zwave switch as trigger to turn on some other lights, which are zwave and zigbee. Since this week I noticed that if I turn on of off the trigger switch it sometimes takes seconds before the other lights react. I didn’t have this issues earlier. Looks like some has changed in the lasest updates. Strange thing is, that is is not always there, sometimes it takes 5-6 seconds, and somstime they react instant.

Me too. The last update seems has broken Z2M control from HA side.
Not only for switch controlled lights, but directly change Z2M light entity state in HA takes several seconds to take effect. If I change state in Z2M control panel, the lights react instantly…

Hi all, do you have any update on this? I still have the same intermittent problem.

What’s interesting about this is I have a Zigbee door sensor (Sonoff) that triggers an automation instantly but the motion sensors I’ve tested (Sonoff - useless) (Aqara - sloooow) you can see the motion trigger right away in the app but the automation takes upwards of 20 seconds to actually fire. Curious where the delay is in this.

1 Like