Awesome. 401 Access Denied, NodeRED

Honestly I don’t know what to do at this point. For weeks since I migrated from RPI3 to Ubuntu 16.04 in Docker, HASS.io has failed when it comes to ingress consistency, and now, I can’t login to NodeRED with port 1880.

There’s no indication of a problem in the main HA log despite having logger on, but there’s a consistent red error in the system tab under the HASS.io page if I try to open any of the following through the sidebar or the Web UI link on the add-on page. Three add-ons do it:

• NodeRED
  • Glances
  • ESPHome
19-08-17 04:11:15 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.1:62302 ssl:None [Host is unreachable]

And, the time that the error reports is off by 5 hours.

I’ve tried SSL true, SSL false, require_ssl True/False, but the only way I have been able to open NodeRED is by going to https://hassio.mydomain.com:1880

…and now that prompts me for a user name and password, which used to be my HA credentials, but now that doesn’t even work. (401 Access Denied.)

So, I cannot access NodeRED and don’t know why.

I am at the point at which I will hire someone to fix this for me because I don’t have the time to screw around with it anymore. It just needs to work like everyone else says it is, and should.

I hope someone can figure this out.

Here’s something that seems out of sorts. If I open Portainer and look at the Containers, the ones that cause 502 Bad Gateway all have one thing in common. They don’t have an IP address in the IP Address column for the docker container.

Could this be related to the problem?

This could be related to the dns problem in very recent hassio versions.

Possible fix here:

I have tried the fix for DNS, it doesn’t fix the nodered access for me. Some bug?
GV

same problem, but I figured out that I can still open Node Red from the “OPEN WEB UI” button in HASS.

Also, when adding “leave_front_door_open”: true to config it also no issue. Of course this isn’t preferred :slight_smile:

FYI, the 401 error disappeared on its own and hasn’t been seen since. Not sure what was causing it, nor how to recreate it, but it’s a non-issue at the moment.

As for the 502 Bad Gateway Error, it’s a firewall issue:

How I fixed the 502 Bad Gateway problem.

same here (401 is resolved)