Axis Camera - Cant get it to work

Hi,

I am using two Axis cameras at home and want them in home assistant.

I have installed the dependencies on my installation and setup the following in my config

I get the following issue when I restart HASS…

Am I making a mistake with my indentation in my config file?

Did you install dependencies?

What does error log show?

I mentioned above that I installed Dependencies.

I Ran - sudo apt-get install python3-gi gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0

The log says

17-06-02 10:23:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component axis
17-06-02 10:23:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for axis: Component not found.

The only bit I didnt run was

ln -s /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages

I dont have this path above.

In “/usr/lib/” I have the following Dirs “Python2.7” “Python3” “Python3.4”…which one do I use?

In “/srv/” there is no homeassistant dir its called “hass”. Inside Hass I have only a folder called python2.7

In this case (for some reason) the package Axis which should be autoinstalled can’t be found. It should be in the deps folder I think. Or it can’t find the component, which version of hass do you run?

Also: everything after device should be additionally indented

/R

0.43.0 Robban

You need to go up to the latest version for this component.

ah ok, ill give that a go then. Last time i tried to update my entire HASS broke. Ill try again.

Oh I have updated HASS and I see the axis configurator on the main dashboard now :slight_smile:

I entered in a device name, user name and password. Under device functionality I entered “camera”

I press confirm but then nothing happens, the config window stays where it is and nothing seems to save or enter.

If any information is wrong you should get an error in the gui. Does the logs say anything?

2017-06-02 14:05:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component axis
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 188, in _async_setup_component
    None, component.setup, hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 386, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 287, in _wakeup
    value = future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 275, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/axis.py", line 162, in setup
    if not setup_device(hass, config):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/axis.py", line 170, in setup_device
    from axis import AxisDevice
  File "/home/synertia/.homeassistant/deps/axis/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .stream import MetaDataStream
  File "/home/synertia/.homeassistant/deps/axis/stream.py", line 3, in <module>
    gi.require_version('Gst', '1.0')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 100, in require_version
    raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available' % namespace)
ValueError: Namespace Gst not available

It finds my camera in the configurator though, has the right IP address detected etc

When I look at my support script (https://github.com/Kane610/axis/blob/master/dependencies.py) it seems that gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0 hasn’t been installed properly

Ok so do I need to copy this script and run it on my HASS server?

The script only verifies the environment to help debug issues (never tried by anyone but me yet).

Ok ill run it now and let you know what happens.

1 Like

This is what I get

Run it again but with python3

You said that you already installed all dependencies?

I did, I didnt get any errors when i ran it.

Ill try again and see if it runs this time. I ran the dependencies before I upgraded to the latest version of HASS so not sure if that made a difference.

Ill run it again