Axis VMD 4 and more

awesome stuff mate. thank your for building this! I owe you a coffee or two

1 Like

Hi Robban,

my offer to beta test on 4 Axis models is always valid, when you are ready.

Cheers
Chris

1 Like

I had some good progress yesterday with handling vmd4. I have some more things to go through and a lot of tests before it is ready for review.

I will post here when it is ready for beta testing

Im struggling with how to do the config flow for axis devices

Should I do:

1. Only be able to select if you want video and if you want motion detection, with additional options for events done after initial setup

or

1. Select if you want video and all events, with additional options to disable specific events after initial setup

I’d go with 2, assuming the additional options aren’t particularly resource hungry.

1 Like

Only a few more tests and I am happy to get it reviewed :+1: might be possible to get it onto 0.91

Removed WIP tag. Feel free to try it out https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/18543

PR is now merged and ready for next beta round!

Can I test it as custom component? Or does it need to replace the current axis component? I’m running 0.90.1. I tried it but I get:
2019-03-25 17:36:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.axis.camera. Make sure all dependencies are installed Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/loader.py", line 166, in _load_file module = importlib.import_module(path) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed File "/config/custom_components/axis/camera.py", line 3, in <module> from homeassistant.components.mjpeg.camera import ( ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'homeassistant.components.mjpeg' 2019-03-25 17:36:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find platform axis. Search path was limited to path of component: custom_components 2019-03-25 17:36:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform axis.camera: Platform not found.

It’s a config entry. They are not supported with custom components yet. You will have to either clone hass git or wait for the beta

Would the new camera stream update in the .90 release be supported?

I have on my to do to look at it and without having a deeper knowledge of h264 I think it will be compatible

I upgraded to 0.91 and camera images show up correctly. However, I don’t know how to enable the various capabilities. Here is what I see in the integrations panel:

And if I look into a camera without capabilities, I see this:

Thanks!

There is no configuration options at the moment. It is all enabled, so if the library supports it you will see it

I see you use the unifi component as well :slight_smile:

With all those axis camera, I’d like to hear your take on which you like for different uses.

Just set mine up @Robban looks good so far

My favorite is really the m1065-lw

Isn’t it strange that 2 cameras of the same model and same firmware have different things enabled?

And after a server restart, I lost the capabilities of the only P3364 which had them and the day/night sensor of the M3104:

A second restart didn’t get them back.