Backup of Zigbee coordinator via ZHA

I’ve always had a nagging concern that my Zigbee coordinator could die and I’ll have to repair all my devices. With the 2022.9 release it is possible to backup the state/configuration of a Zigbee coordinator using ZHA. This is fantastic!

Is this backup performed as part of a HA backup or does it have to be done manually? If manually, can I automate this?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I’ve seen this bit of documentation already. I’m not sure it contains all the information I need.

If a backup is being made automatically then, at what time is the backup being made?

If my ZigBee coordinator fails then what is the step by step process for restoring the backup on a replacement?

I see no mention of any automation. You download the backup and store it in a safe place. If your zigbee stick dies, you buy a new one and click on “migrate radio”. Then - I guess - you are prompted to upload the backup.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks.

Re the terminology on the page pictured. Does the “DOWNLOAD BACKUP” button, backup the ZHA controlled mesh? Or download a previous backup? (A it does a backup) If so when pushing the download backup button, where is the backup file placed? (A : into a Json file onto the computer web browsing into HA) The terminology here is a touch confusing. edit don’t worry I worked it out cheers Thanks

Hi it’s downloaded onto the computer your accessing HA on. You can then look and count the devices.

Hi there,
would love some help here.
I take daily Full backups of my HA.
recently, my CC2530 co-ordinator died. Because of that, When I go into ZHA (under Network Settings), “Download Backup” is greyed out and if I hit “Migrate Radio”, it tells me an unknown error occurred and won;t backup the Zigbee stick.
I have a new Sonoff 3.0 Dongle but I’m wondering where I can find a backup if the Zigbee network (assuming the Full Backup also backs up the Zigbee network)
Can anybody help here?
I really don;t want to have to re-install 40-50 devices.
thanks heaps

If you did not download a backup, you don’t have anything to do a migration to a new stick.