Backup restore / Unable to start integrations

Hello,

I’m using Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi 4B (4GB RAM) with the Home Assistant Cloud subscription.

I had to restore a recent backup to a new Raspberry Pi, and everything went well except that I am unable to start or access any of the installed “add-ons.”

I can no longer use:

• File Editor
  • Mosquitto Broker
  • ESPHome
  • Advanced SSH & Web Terminal
  • Scrypted

Furthermore, I know that some modules are functional because I’m receiving my surveillance camera feeds on HomeKit via Scrypted. However, it indicates that the module isn’t started, and I can’t access it to make modifications.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the modules, but the problem remains the same.

I’ve also attempted to install new modules, but I can’t start them either.

The strangest thing is that the “Scrypted” add-on refuses to start, yet when I go to the “journal” tab, I can see that it’s operational.

On the other hand, “Mosquitto Broker” doesn’t seem to be working because my MQTT sensors are unavailable.

Do you know where this issue might be coming from, and do you have a solution so that I can use add-ons again?

Check the supervisor log for errors.

Hello,

I get the following ad-ons logs:

23-08-29 14:11:52 WARNING (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.store.data] Can't read /data/addons/git/09e60fb6/external/ring-client-api/packages/homebridge-ring/config.schema.json: Invalid Add-on config!. Got {'pluginAlias': 'Ring', 'pluginType': 'platform', 'singular': True, 'customUi': True, 'customUiPath': './lib/homebridge-ui', 'customUiDevServer': 'http://localhost:3000/api/plugins/settings-ui/homebridge-ring', 'headerDisplay': 'See [the wiki](https://github.com/dgreif/ring/wiki/Refresh-Tokens) for details on generating a refresh token', 'accountLinkingHeader': 'Please supply your Ring credentials.  These will be used to contact the Ring servers and generate a unique access token for your acc...
23-08-29 14:11:55 WARNING (SyncWorker_4) [supervisor.store.data] Can't read /data/addons/git/09e60fb6/external/ring-client-api/packages/homebridge-ring/config.schema.json: Invalid Add-on config!. Got {'pluginAlias': 'Ring', 'pluginType': 'platform', 'singular': True, 'customUi': True, 'customUiPath': './lib/homebridge-ui', 'customUiDevServer': 'http://localhost:3000/api/plugins/settings-ui/homebridge-ring', 'headerDisplay': 'See [the wiki](https://github.com/dgreif/ring/wiki/Refresh-Tokens) for details on generating a refresh token', 'accountLinkingHeader': 'Please supply your Ring credentials.  These will be used to contact the Ring servers and generate a unique access token for your acc...
23-08-29 14:47:23 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] core_vlc is already running!
23-08-29 14:47:40 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] core_vlc is already running!
23-08-29 14:49:23 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Timeout while waiting for addon VLC to start, took more then 120 seconds
23-08-29 14:49:40 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Timeout while waiting for addon VLC to start, took more then 120 seconds
23-08-29 15:15:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] core_mosquitto is already running!
23-08-29 15:17:16 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] core_configurator is already running!
23-08-29 15:17:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Timeout while waiting for addon Mosquitto broker to start, took more then 120 seconds
23-08-29 15:17:59 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] 09e60fb6_scrypted is already running!
23-08-29 15:19:04 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.addon] Starting Docker add-on ghcr.io/esphome/esphome-hassio with version 2023.8.2
23-08-29 15:19:16 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Timeout while waiting for addon File editor to start, took more then 120 seconds
23-08-29 15:19:59 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Timeout while waiting for addon Scrypted to start, took more then 120 seconds

What is strange is that I have the feedback of my sensors under ESP Home while
cannot access the add-on.

In any case I thank you in advance for your help !

No that’s not strange. The addon is only used for programming the esp devices. The home assistant ESPHome integration takes care of communication with the devices for states and events.

Try repairing the supervisor.

ha su repair

Though that is going to be difficult if you don’t have SSH access. Can you connect a display and keyboard to the pi?

1 Like

The problem is that it is located in a premises that I manage remotely, I have not planned to travel there for 2 weeks…

Is there a way to repair the supervisor via another means?
By the HA menus for example?

I confess that I am not yet very comfortable with SSH, but if it is the only solution I would do it!

Unfortunately if you can’t start add-ons you won’t be able to install and use the SSH and Web Terminal add-on.

Okay, so I need to get a display, connect it to the Raspberry Pi via a micro HDMI cable and a keyboard, ok.
Then do you have a tutorial to recommend to me to access the terminal without using an add-on?
I don’t know if I specified it, I use Home Assistant OS

You will be at the ha CLI when you connect the keyboard and monitor, just enter the command and press Enter

Hello, I was able to connect a keyboard and type the command you gave me, and everything started working as before!
Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like