Backup to dropbox?

Hi, any know if there is a way to backup photos and stuff to dropbox?

You could probably make a cronjob executing the dropbox python script mentioned here:
https://www.dropbox.com/help/9192

I use a crontab job which runs every night at midnight and executes a simple bash script that runs the following for all configuration files I want to upload to dropbox…

/opt/Dropbox-Uploader/dropbox_uploader.sh -f /home/homeassistant/.dropbox_uploader upload ~/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml configuration.yaml

more info here:

Moved this to Third Party Integrations as backup is a little out of scope of HA.

HI managed to install this successfully, i have few small questions before i run the script…

i’m on Hassio so my home configuration is /config. the folder Dropbox-Uploader was created there. How should i change the line in the script? Would this do it?

#The directory to sync
**syncdir="/home/homeassistant/"**
#Path to the Dropbox-uploaded shell script
uploader = "/home/homeassistant/Dropbox-Uploader/dropbox_uploader.sh"

Also, is the /config dir the best dir for the Dropbox_uploader to reside? Wouldn’t it better be placed in the add-on folder?

Just asking to be sure and before i ruin things…

Thanks,
marius

Hi all.
I’ve been trying to create a script that uploads photos/files to dropbox.
I found a GitHub project that allows uploading files in a quite simple way using bash scripting. ( https://www.andreafabrizi.it/2016/01/01/Dropbox-Uploader/ )
I’ve create a shell command to execute this at a specific time…something like:
./Dropbox-Uploader/dropbox_uploader.sh -f /Dropbox-Uploader/.dropbox_uploader upload /share/snapshots/. /files

Unfortunately I always have this error upon execution of the script/shell command:

2018-03-04 21:53:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.shell_command] Error running command: /Dropbox-Uploader/dropbox_uploader.sh -f /Dropbox-Uploader/.dropbox_uploader upload /share/snapshots/*.* /files, return code: 127
NoneType: None
2018-03-04 21:53:11 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=1965039824-30>
2018-03-04 21:53:11 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event system_log_event[L]: timestamp=1520200391.701163, level=ERROR, message=Error running command: /Dropbox-Uploader/dropbox_uploader.sh -f /Dropbox-Uploader/.dropbox_uploader upload /share/snapshots/*.* /files, return code: 127, exception=NoneType: None
, source=/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/shell_command.py>

Any ideias ???