Badge not working

Preformatted textAfter updating to 1.1.1 it seems that is should be possible to change the badgenumber without a message. I have tried to do this in the following, but nothing happens and the logs returns an error.

- alias: Notify iOS when sonos is playing
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id: media_player.kkken
        to: 'playing'
    action:
      service: notify.ios_jespersiphone
      data:
        push:
          badge: 1
          sound: "solemn.mp3"

error:
2017-11-18 07:51:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Invalid service data for notify.ios_jespersiphone: extra keys not allowed @ data[‘push’]. Got OrderedDict([(‘badge’, 1), (‘sound’, ‘solemn.mp3’)])
required key not provided @ data[‘message’]. Got None

What am I doing wrong?

Hey @jeppper, you could format your yaml as pre-formatted text so the indentation is preserved?

of course :slight_smile:

According to https://home-assistant.io/docs/ecosystem/ios/notifications/basic/#enhancing-basic-notifications you need an extra data: nested under data:. (I haven’t tested this myself)

I agree but after reading the release notes of the new 1.1.1 update I thought that changed.

“Support customization of notification display options (see online docs for this, but allows you to specify badge/alert/sound or any combination of the three for each notfication”

Sorry haven’t updated docs yet, will do in a few hours.

Are updated docs available yet?

any update on this subject?

Still not any update on this subject?

Anyone know if it is possible only to show a badgenumber WITHOUT having to show a message too?

1 Like

Pretty sure the development on the app is dead. No new updates and more issues appearing on the git. I wish i had the knowhow to help!

:-/ me too

any news regarding this subject?

May be best to try the beta and see if it works. There is active development happening now.

I will try it out, thanks

I have now tried it using the new Companion v1.5.0 (24) but still the same log error and not working with badge alone without a message. Anyone knows how to make this work?