Baidu Xiaodu Speaker for Genie

I am interested to give Genie a try. From here, Installing Genie on On Your Own Device | Genie Wiki , there is an option to use Xiaodu speaker from Baidu as a client. However it doesn’t mention which model or link to the speaker. Has anyone tried Genie on Xiaodu speaker? If yes, please share which model you are using.

Edit: It looks very similar to this…

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005003719446708.html

Can anyone confirm this is the one they are using in the demo video?

I have the same doubt.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m currently looking at getting this speaker myself.
I do believe this one should work, as it was used in the live demo they did during the ‘State of the Open Home 2021’ livestream: State of the Open Home 2021 - YouTube

I don’t think it’s the same speaker. The seller said it doesn’t have any USB port at the back of the speaker, whereas the guide on Installing Genie on a Xiaodu Speaker | Genie Wiki mentioned about connecting the speaker using micro USB cable.

I jumped in at the deep end and got one! It has a USB port under the rubber feet, I can’t seem to be able to get ADB running but will try later coming week to get it working

1 Like

any luck? where did you buy it?

No luck yet, it seems that you really need a developer unit, not a consumer unit. I bought it on Aliexpress, but I would suggest you don’t buy it since it doesn’t seem to work. I am trying to find a way in and unlock the device

1 Like

ok. thanks for confirming this.

I also bit the bullet and bought one of these speakers from Alliexpress.

I can confirm that the speaker does have the micro-usb under the rubber base but as of now I cannot get it to connect with ADB either.

Has anyone been able to get it to work?

–Chris