Bambu Lab X1 X1C MQTT

P1P MQTT used to be somewhat accessible up until the latest 1/2 firmwares - now it only seems to work when in LAN only mode unfortunately. Still has some of the existing limitations, which is why in my configurator pre-made workflow it’s tagged as “experimental”. I don’t have one to test so I can’t see if anything else is broken, but others have mentioned lan mode lets it be accessible - yet FTPS is accessible in both modes still which is odd :laughing:

Bambu is claiming mqtt was turned off due to concerns about the performance impact. And yet ftps pushing 238kb/s wasn’t an issue… Completely arbitrary decision to limit it to lan mode and now they’re trying to justify it.

1 Like

I could see if it was the full status message blurb every second like the X1C that it could cause a performance drop but, with the little it does do only on a sensor change, it shouldn’t cause any performance issue. Least they could’ve done is put a delay between messages maybe.

Finally figured out how to store an image in MQTT as a fake camera entity, so when I update my guides and dashboards next this weekend, there will be no more need to use networking or local paths or exposing nodered to the internet the print preview image, as I can send it via MQTT. This isn’t a camera preview, but the generated STL preview of the 3mf. This will help a lot when it comes to ease of setup for the image, and security concerns :slight_smile:

Update: I’ve updated the guides and gists for this now. No longer will a preview image require any shenanigans with exposing URLs or weird caching filesystems. It’s purely MQTT based now. Also fixed the end time calculation.

2 Likes

Do you know if this information is available?fila

I’m not actually sure. I know that similar events are accessible but last time I scanned through bambu studio I didn’t see associated messages to parse those. I can take another look and see if it does and where it’s defined, if at all.

On my P1P I saw various descriptive texts in the mqtt payloads but they were part of longer strings of information. It was that sort of thing but I don’t know if that exact descriptive status / scenario was in there.

EDIT: ALL SORTED

Which python (system Packages) package do i need to install for the nodered addon?
Its ok i was being dumb, just typed in python3, lol.
How do i create the directory /data/fetched in the addon?
I change the path to /media/fetched/x1carbon/preview.png in the node and didn’t have to create any folders.

1 Like

Thanks for giving a start point in this!

Need to do some study!

1 Like

Hi,

I shutdown my X1C early this morning, and of course the HA setup couldn’t find it because my DHCP server gave it a different IP when I brought it back online. Where can I find the config in HA to set the new IP address? (I will also change my DHCP service to fix the IP as static.)

Thanks.

-Chris

If you’re using my nodered guides, it will be in a few different nodes depending on if you have just the basic flow, or also the advanced flows.

If just the basic flow, then you can double click this node here

Then hit the pencil edit icon next to “Server” and edit it there

Alternatively you can redownload the flow from the configurator and let it replace everything.

If you’re using the in-progress HomeAssistant Custom Component, I think you will need to remove then re-add the printer as a device.

Recently completed a 5th guide, this time for adding a custom smart accessory control box to your printer to control extra lighting (dimmable) or control the fans of a bento box (speed) all through a d1 mini (ESPHome + MQTT + HomeAssistant). It’s a bit of hardware and more complex code configuration but it may be useful.

Should be great for creating new automations with the printer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, I’m using the HASS deployment from GitHub - greghesp/ha-bambulab: A Home Assistant Integration for Bambu Lab Printers. Didn’t catch that this discussion was about a different implementation.

Thanks for helping though.

I wouldn’t be toooo surprised, the data was huge and atypical for mqtt

Not on the P1P it wasn’t. It only sent changed data every second.

P1P sent trimmed messages only when sensors were updated, and was reduced to just the sensors that were updated. Still under a single topic but wouldn’t have been anywhere near the X1C’s messages. It would do the full message of all statuses on boot and on a specific request command though.

So i’ve done a little reverse engineering and can connect to the remote mqtt server rather than the lan server. @WolfwithSword fancy adding it to you script for those of us with a P1P that don’t want to turn on LAN mode?

I can look into adding it to the configurator - mind messaging me some of the details for the remote server? I might be wrong but I think in the basic nodered configurator I have, the printer IP is only used for the MQTT so theoretically if you put in the remote MQTT server instead of the printer IP then it would work. For the advanced configurations that also have FTP then it would need rework, but it would be manageable.

Hi, I’m having issues connecting to my own P1P, even in LAN mode, do you mind sharing your results ?
It’s running fw version 1.02.02.00, anybody else having issues with this ?

Can you send me the details too and I’ll see if I can add it to the HACS home assistant integration. Lan mode is unusable still and I’m missing the integration :(. Plus once I can use my printer and work on the integration I can start adding the extra stuff like AMS integration.