-bash: sudo: command not found - where do I find it or install this?

Thanks for clarifying. You cannot install extra software into hassos.

The Bluetooth device tracker won’t do this, and you cannot add packages to the running docker image or the host.

Your best bet would be to install Linux, use the hassio installer, and perform the functionality you seek on the host.

Or do your development on another machine :slight_smile:

What development?

Analysing the BT communication with the blinds.

I don’t see where he was developing or analyzing anything. Only see where he wanted to automate the capture of the commands coming across the Bluetooth which obviously the Bluetooth device tracker won’t do.

I’d tag it as reverse engineering
Best Advise for him it to wipe and reload his pi4
His current setup is best for people that just want plug and play. And he clearly isn’t one of those.

Or do your reverse engineering on another machine

Harry, I took your advice and wiped my Pi and installed Raspbian. Then installed Hass inside a Docker container. All working fine. The Bluetooth dev can wait until I have a few other things working.

Good to hear, I’ll give you a few more words of advise
Snapshot, snapshot, snapshot.
I can’t tell you how many time it’s saved me

Can someone help me?

I’m trying to install some commands in terminal on my rasp 3 and dont know what’s to do next.

Here is the commands I’m trying to install:

And here is what I see in terminal and I dont know what to do next;

Typing install iptables-persistent is not the same as typing sudo apt-get install iptables-persistent

When I type the whole thing including the Sudo I get a “sudo command not found” error.

So you are running hass os or supervised install or something?

Where are these instructions from? Now I am viewing on a bigger screen, it doesn’t look like home assistant documentation?

yes that is HassOS so no sudo

And no apt-get either :slight_smile:

In fact the whole post seems to relate to alexa and node-red, both of which are NOT home assistant, and the how to the poster is trying to copy from is not part of the home assistant docs, so why here?

I’m trying to change the port that Alexa uses to port 8980 instead of 80. Hue uses port 80 which causes a conflict. These commands were supposed to help change Alexa off of port 80. I posted this question in HA because of not understanding Terminal and I was trying to get that figured out so I could follow the instructions to change the port…It looks like a lost cause. I appreciate everyone’s comments trying to provide answers thus far!

i am also running hassos flashed on sd card on raspi 4 8gb. can’t run all the linux commands on hass os terminal so switching to raspbian and installing hass io on it.

So…terminal is useless with Hassio?

There is no hassio, but with HAOS, the commandline terminal works just fine for what it is designed for.