Basic Rgb Led Controller with ESP8266

Good evening everyone , hope you’re having a pleasant day !
I have something that is a real head scratcher for me since i don’t consider my self as an electrical connoisseur or anything like that , i tried to follow some online schemas of basic RGB controller setups using Esphome and a node mcu ( tried both ESP32 and ESP8266 ) with home assistant , now when i put this setup into place , at first it works without problems but for some reason after a week of usage , my node mcu stops working ( i tried that with an ESP32 ( No more red light / or very dim red light ) and ESP8266 ( Constant blue light when it usually blinks once and works as intended ) ) , so i wanted to ask you guys if there is something that i’m doing terribly wrong that needs fixing in this setup , any help would be highly appriciated , thank you in advance.

Just a side Note :

The LC7805cv Voltage regulator gets extremely hot when the node mcu is not working, but when the node mcu works , it’s temperature is stable.
i tried replacing it , but i end up with the same result.

For the not-working ESP32 and the ESP8266 , when i plug them in with USB , they both become too hot to touch , but when i add a new ESP8266 that i bought , the temperature is fine.

I’m scared of being stuck in a loop of buying and replacing things because of my lack of knowledge.

any note would be really helpful :frowning:

It’s probably due to the power dissipated in the 5V regulator causing thermal shutdown. With a 12V power supply 58% of the power is wasted as heat in the regulator. You either need to add a heatsink to it or use a DC-DC buck converter (much more efficient).

Were you able to solve this issue? Would you please be so kind to share your esphome yaml code for the Esp32?

Thank you!