🚿 Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan

Nope my bad I read it wrong… Just need to add your fan in “Fan Switch”

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for your support :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Humidity is now turning the fan on but off is still not right. Any idea why the bypass in this screen shot is turning the fan off and straight on again? The fan was running after being triggered by humidity and then after the derivative fell by the set amount, it disabled the bypass and turned the fan off. No idea why it switched straight on again. No activation of the light which triggers the toilet extract automation.

When the by-pass turns off it will check the site conditions. Can you provide me the screen shot of your traces. I will test it here and see what happens as well.

Derivative sensor - anything else you need?

I had changed the timers too and restarted before testing - this switched the bypass at the time I expected

I have tested it here again… every scenario and it turns OFF… the only one that turn the fan OFF and back ON again is when the toilet exhaust trigger is ON. I think in your case it is the light being ON and that is what we are asking it to do.

If you provide me both of your YAML again I will set it up here exactly the same and run the tests again.

Blacky :grinning:

The light was definitely OFF - but I’ll run another test and capture the traces as well - I’ve not done that before but guess it’s simply selecting the right timestamps?

If you can provide your YAML I will test it here on my testing setup.

To get the trace just click traces top right in the automation. I am after the one with the orange line, like a tree. But if you send the YAML I can just work from that for now.

Blacky :grinning:

Just run another test after a restart to ensure we are clean and made sure the ceiling light triggering the ‘toilet exhaust fan’ was off and stayed off throughout. Same result - fan turned OFF and then immediately ON again

alias: En-Suite Humidity Auto Fan
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/bathroom-humidity-exhaust-fan.yaml
  input:
    include_lights: lights_disabled
    trigger: sensor.en_suite_humidity_derivative
    bathroom_humidity_sensor: sensor.ewelink_th01_humidity
    include_max_humidity: maximum_humidity_enabled
    max_humidity: 95
    fan_switch:
      entity_id:
        - light.en_suite_fan
        - input_boolean.en_suite_bypass_link_en_suite_automation
    time_delay: 5
    automation_link_time_delay: 10
    rising_humidity: 2.5
    falling_humidity: -2
    time_out: 10
alias: En-Suite Light Auto Fan
description: Automation to control the En-Suit fan
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/toilet-exhaust-fan.yaml
  input:
    entity_trigger: light.en_suite_ceiling
    fan_switch: light.en_suite_fan
    trigger_wait_option: wait_for_trigger
    trigger_wait_time: 0
    time_delay: 0
    include_bypass:
      - bypass_enabled_stop
    bypass_fan_on: []
    bypass_fan_off: []
    bypass_auto_off_delay: 60
    bypass_fan_stop:
      - input_boolean.en_suite_bypass_link_en_suite_automation

Screen shot just before the bypass turned off:

The time for both the bypass and maximum run time have passed and the fan remains ON.

I can see the traces but you will need to tell me which tabs you want to see

Very strange… I just tested it here again with your settings and worked perfectly. My Test was Toilet trigger OFF. Bathroom triggered and turned OFF. Everything was OFF

Just checking we are on the same version.

Toilet Exhaust = 2.3
Bathroom = 2.3

Run some test

1. Turn Bypass ON and OFF manually see what happens. That is what the Bathroom Humidity is doing. With the fan ON and with the fan OFF (2 tests).
  2. Disable maximum humidity test.
  3. Then if that is correct, can you disable both automations and do 2 new ones and test it again. Maybe there is a gremlin.

It is working here so we got to try something.

Blacky

My versions are showing as 2.3 for the Toilet Exhaust Fan and 2.2 for the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan. Can’t see 2.3.

Will run the tests and let you know…

I am on the next one not released yet… let me check the code. Hold 5

Checked the code and it should be good. Rolled back to 2.2 and it still works.

Restarted HA.

Ceiling light triggers and turns on fan - turning it off turns off the fan as expected.

Bypass ON - nothing changes, fan off
Bypass OFF again - nothing changes, fan off

FAN ON (triggered via the ceiling light)
Bypass ON - nothing changes, fan on
Bypass OFF again - nothing changes, fan on

Bypass ON certainly stops the ceiling light triggering the fan on/off

Not sure if that tells us much though as we have the timers in operation. Is there a specific sequence that we should be looking for and waiting for timers to time out etc?

I then deleted both automations and discovered that there are two devices called en-suitefan (one the Hue plug and the other the zone it belongs to). I was hopeful that would fix it when I renamed them and re-created the animations with no other variables set in the YAML config. Unfortunately it still exhibits the same odd behavior.

Next, I will swap out the Hue plug for the new zigbee switch and see if there’s something odd going on with the Hue device.

You could also try and just create your inputs with helpers. Example

Toggle Helpers for the Fan, Bypass, Exhaust fan trigger.
Then have your Bathroom trigger as you have it now (Derivative).

Check that works first. Once that is okay then add your actual light in and test. If that is okay then add your actual Hue plug, test… etc… when it goes wrong then you can pinpoint the fault.

I just swapped out the Hue plug that powers the fan for a zigbee device (on/off) - exactly the same behaviour :frowning:

At the end of the timer, the bypass turns off and the device switches off and one second later (or maybe much less), it turns back on again.

Not sure what’s next.

yes - will separate the actual lights etc and create helpers as you say - will see what that does

although I suspect it will result in the same behaviour - we will see

I am leaning to the trigger on toilet exhaust fan (light). Create a toggle helper and replace that one.