🚿 Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan

Love it Glen, looks good!

Agree. I have mine right next to the fan inlet, so when the fan is ON the humidity passes over it.

Glad you got it working. :smiley: :+1:

Blacky :smiley:

Just installed your blueprint, nice setup! Needed to find the entity as described somewhere above. Lets see if it turns on and gets the wife approval

Great work @Blacky! Like @skipper79 there are a lot of people with an itho ventilation in the Netherlands, including me. This system is always on and is controlled by percentage or preset mode in Home Assistant. There are several ways to achieve that: for instance by using the fan.set_percentage in an automation or in a script.

Would you be able to add such a feature to the blueprint, so people with an always on system can use it too? Or maybe you have a workaround I’m not seeing? Thanks

@Markiempje525 , firstly welcome to the community

I have the wife approval here :wink:

All this information you will need is in our FAQ

Hi @jpbriaire firstly welcome to the community :+1:

It is in the blueprint already just not for a script as yet :pensive:(I am working on it). See "Fan Speed - Off Switch Option ". I need to spend some time here so that a script and the "Safe Guard - Use The HA Restart Option " works how I would like it to work. Sorry I am very particular on making everything work how I would like it before I release it. :pensive:

I will PM you with the code that will make it work with a script so you can get started now and when I release a update to include scripts it will still work for you. :wink:

EDIT: New update Version: 1.3 to allow for scripts

Thanks! I’m gonna test it

1 Like

New update 1.3

• Added the ability to use scripts when selecting a “Fan Switch” and “Fan Speed - Off Switch Option”.

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

Can you elaborate? How can you use them?

Hi Matthew,

Sure sorry I was a bit vague. Some people need to use a scrip in the “Fan Switch” and “Fan Speed - Off Switch Option”. I have helped a few people to archive this in the pass and @jpbriaire also explains it above Click Here.

I personally don’t use it but was developed for other people in the community.

Blacky :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dear,

I have installed a new bathroom Fan, witch can be controlled by a PWM to set Fan RPM.

Is it possible to implement a PWM function to control the Fan speed in this Blueprint?

Maybe something like a PID calculation that manage the PWM.

Many thanks,

Hi @Rufan firstly welcome to the community.

It may be easer to create a switch that controls the fan speed to the desired speed when you have a shower. Then just put the switch into the automation.

Many thanks for your suggestion, you have built a nice blueprint.
As I am very new to HA I need to dig into it to find a solution for the 2nd switch.

What will be a better approach:
1 PID to calculate the correct fan speed depending on the Humidity.
2 Interpolating the Humidity and PWM value

Like to hear you thoughts

I think maybe a simpler approach would be better :slightly_smiling_face:. You just really need to get rid of the humidity. Having a fan that can do it is the critical factor. In a bathroom we need 120 l/s to 150 l/s (litres per second) to remove 1 shower humidity. For a toilet it can be from 50 l/s to 100 l/s. So setting your fan speed correctly to get 150 l/s is the critical factor for a shower. If you have a toilet in the same room then create another switch to get 80 l/s.

Hope this helps you.

Blacky :smiley:

When setting up the derivative, I don’t see the “time window” option. Is it somewhere else now?

Yea looks like the new update has a bug. On the mobile version (phone app) it is there so if you can try that until HA fixes the bug. I will log it with them now.

Thanks for letting us know.

I just tried again and it is there… what the.

:confused:

I just created one without time and deleted it. Then I clicked around and tried it again and it came back.

1 Like

Just tried on phone and it’s still not there…very strange…

Try created one without time and deleted it and then try again.

Still nothing. I do see this issue posted from 2023.2.2 that is still open on github…

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/87515

I just deleted my one and added it again. Worked here but I wouldn’t of believe it if I didn’t just see it happen to me before.

Maybe try a restart of HA

I tried that too. I’ll keep messing with it but nothing consistently works for me. Thanks for the help.