Battery drain Philips Hue Wall Switch Modules

Hi,

I’m running Home Assistant with a Sonoff Zigbee Dongle Plus E with Zigbee2Mqtt. I recently replaced the zigbee dongle but don’t know if this can be the problem. Before I was using a conbee dongle.

After the change I had some problems with a couple of Hue wall switch modules not able to connect. That is all solved now but on these three wall switch module I have major battery drain. For example I replaced the battery about 8 hrs ago and at this moment battery percentage is at 30%.

Other wall switch modules don’t experience these problems and I can see the modules connect to devices close by.

Anyone an idea how to solve this?

Are the batteries actually empty? I run a conbee 2 setup and those wall switches can report an empty battery for month before they are actually empty. In my experience.

Other modules don’t report the low battery so that’s strange.

Have to test if they are empty, replaced them because of the low battery warning haha.

Same issue here! Even after replacing the batteries, removing, repairing etc…
With the Hue bridge I never had this problem… With the Sonoff Zigbee Dongle Plus E I do…
And the percentage is correct because they really stop working.

Any working solutions?

Experiencing the same issue. After less than 2 weeks my batteries of Hue Wall Switch are empty. Switch actually stops working.

Is there any solution?

Exact same issue on one of 24x RWL021 hue dimmer switches. (old ones without the hue button)
At first i also thought the batterys are bad.
But it’s the same on this particular switch with any battery.

Would be nice if there is an solution/workaround.

The same for me…

• A new battery gets depleted within couple of months! With the hue bridge it would last 2years! - Additionally, i get routinely 1-2 hue wall switches disconnected every 10days. The only fix is to remove them, reset and pair them again.

Response time is instantaneous with or without the bridge… I use a skyconnect zigbee stick