Battery drain while charging?

Latest update, January 4, 2022, for Android seems to drain the battery so much so that even when the device is on a charger it still drains. Did a complete wipe of the device. As soon as Home Assistant got installed it started to drain the battery. I then did a test to confirm. Stopped Home Assistant and now my device is charging without draining. Start Home Assistant and the battery drains.

Please advise.

It is not that special that older mobile devices can’t keep up with the charging, when hardware is pushed to the max.
You have to make sure you are using the best power supply it can handle.
There are several generations of power supplys, from the early ones providing a mere 5W (5V,1A) to the norm today being around 12W (5V, 2.4A) and further on to the USB-C that is quickly coming future with chargers that can go up to like 100W (20V, 5A).

Ups, I read it as HA was running on the android and not as it was related to the companion app.
Disregard my post then. :roll_eyes:

It is a Lenovo SmartTab running Android 10. I have this configured as a kiosk device using Desktop Central’s Kiosk mode for Android, so pretty much only system apps will be running, and all bloatware removed. Desktop Central stamps the device with the desired state ensuring consistency across all devices under that policy. Yes, even removed the Desktop Central control, same issue. It has been working fine like this for years.