Battery level is not updating

K cool, Geocoded Location isn’t updating as well, I believe since beta 2 or so

Hey All,

I’m also showing regular webhook payload errors in my log. Is there a way to disable all the things like battery / Heath/ other state reporting?

Cheers,

Linton

• Reset the configuration in Home Assistant app on your iPhone: app configuratie - hestel (sorry don’t know the English text since my iPhone’s using the Dutch language.)
  • Remove the device from Home Assistant itself (Instellingen - Integraties - Mobiele app: iPhone van tCC)
  • Configure the Home Assistant app on your iPhone again, it should create the device with the sensors (which are updating this time) again.

[Edit] nevermind, only updates once :zipper_mouth_face:

Hi @tCC,

Did you manage to solve the issue? I had the same problem, ended up removing the integration and uninstalling the app, it worked only once then it stopped again.

Same here, but there are some several posts about the sensors not beeing updated on github, hope it’ll get fixed soon

Yep, just saw that there is an open bug and a pull request. Hope it will merged if it’s a fix.
Thanks for your update!

Same problem here with battery level not updating at all. iOS and app on the latest version. Location and notifications in the app iare working fine.

same problem for me

Missed this post sorry. Just to say the lead (aka only) iOS developer just dropped me a message and he’s booked time the next week to allow him to deal with all the iOS bugs.

2 Likes

Great! I’m having the same issue on 2 iPhones!

Quick update on this. The vast majority of these issues are fixed in either 0.110.7 or 0.111.0. There are app updates coming in soon hopefully too

Still got this issue on latest iOS App and latest Homeassistant. Freshly installed iPhone 7 Homeassistant app. freshly integrated. -> Only updates when opening the app.

1 Like

Is there any solution on this problem?

I think I’ve discovered a workaround. I wanted to use my iPhone charging state as an automation trigger, so it has to update in Home Assistant within seconds of connecting or disconnecting from the charger, but it seems like the iOS app just can’t (or doesn’t) run those background updates on demand on its own. But, the Shortcuts app allows you to set up automations to run when the charging state of your phone changes, and one of the actions that the Home Assistant iOS app exposes is “Update Sensors.” That seems to do the trick:

Only downside is you get a silent notification from the Shortcuts app that the automation was run, but I can live with that.

4 Likes

@andrewbranch
This is a pretty clean solution to update the charging status sensor. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

+1 - thank you much for sharing.

got the same problem with the battery level.
I tried to create an automation in node-red, but the battery level only changes if I open the home assistant app at the phone.

If I use the automation direct from home assistant it works --> so there must be a solution of this problem?

1 Like

I have the same problem, but now I thinks that this is not a bug but by design.
I mean, in order to save the iPad battery as much I can, I disabled almost all the apps to run in background. This keeps the iPad running more than one week without need to recharge.
Of course I see the battery info updated only when I unlock the iPad and use HA.
Otherwise there is no network communication between the iPad and HA, and the battery life is preserved. I am sure that if I would allow HA to run on background with other apps the battery info would be updated. Same thing happens on the Android phone, where also almost all the apps are disabled.

I don´t think it is by design. I have the same problem in Android tablet and all other sensors are updated regularly (battery temperature, AC plug, charging status, etc). Just battery level is the problem.

Does anyone have an update about this topic?

I’m using a Fire HD 8 (2020) tablet. Both Fire OS and HA app are upgraded to the last version.

You can solve thus by setting up a Shortcuts as an infinite loop, updating ha sensors when battery level changes.

Caveat is to start it manually the first time. Then it should loop until you reboot the phone.

Not sure about the battery impact though. To be monitored.

You can find the shortcut here. Shortcuts

Note that I just created it but it has not been tested extensively yet.

1 Like