Battery powered dimmer and smart socket for UK

We’re planning on putting a socket-powered pendant lamp above our dining room table, so obviously I’d like it to work happily with Hass.io. Smart bulbs have been ruled out due to aesthetics.

Are there any suggestions for UK sockets that’ll dim, and dimmer switches (battery powered, unless I can use the power from a neighboring switch) that’ll control it that will fit in the vacant module in the photo? Ideally wifi-based as I’m avoiding the cost of zwave/zigbee adapters. Eventually I plan to replace each of these dimmers with smart ones if I can find something that’ll fit.

I’m new to Hass.io and yaml, but learning how to make it all work together is the fun bit, right?

update:

I’ve ditched the idea of a dimmer as it required more kit that my budget allowed, for now.

The idea now is to have a sonoff basic inside the switch box attached to a switch. The state of that sonoff will then control the state of the S26 plug controlling the lamp.

Does that sound possible? I’m assuming I can do that using MQTT and automations?

Any guides or tips would be most welcome!

thanks